Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What is this and what do I do,if anything?  (Read 7075 times)

Offline Hopeful

• House Bee
Re: What is this and what do I do,if anything?
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2007, 05:15:28 pm »
No problem, Cindy.

Consider this in answer to your question about "God's bees". Yes, I am absolutely certain that these bees belong to God. Here's why, and it has nothng to do with theology.

If I paid for these bees and took "ownership" of these bees,  and then transferred ownership to someone else, then these bees belong to that person, even if it is a fictional person or simply a name on a piece of paper.

But beyond that. The bees belong to the earth as free living creatures, I am just renting them convenient living space in exchange for their honey.  The Bible says, "The earth is the Lord's and all its fulness". Now of course someone who thinks the Bible is fiction does not take this seriously, and I would not expect them to. However, I do believe the Bible (as originally written) and so I believe none of us really owns anything. We use things and then they are either destroyed by time and circumstance or we die, whichever comes first. Thinking I can really "own" bees is as absurd as thinking I  can really "own" the land I live on. I can only pay to occupy it, but the land cannot be moved or really "owned" by anyone. That is why native Americans, while fighting over hunting territory, were greatly conused with the European concept of "ownership" of land. They thought to themselves, "How can someone mortal "own" something more permanent than themselves?" I think that is a reasonable question.

BUt hey, no offense taken, Cindi. I know people think dfferently and that is what makes life interesting. Even though I believe that my beliefs are true and that anyone who shared them would be greatly blessed.

"And this is life eternal...." "John 17:3

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2007, 11:40:57 am »
Hopeful, your words in your response were beautifully written, and you said some great and wonderful things.  I great world would be a very dull place if we were all the same and believed in the same things, eh?  Have a wonderful and beautiful day, I am glad you are staying to become a very important friend in our forum, every little bit each of us contributes makes it a little beauty of a place in this space we share on this earth.  Cindi (with an "i"), hee, hee  :) :) :)
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline tig

• House Bee
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2007, 02:45:00 am »
with regards what you did for the small cluster...maybe you can help them further by giving them a couple of frames of emerging bees to add to their number.

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2007, 04:34:37 am »
   What tig said, if the weather permits and you have any brood to spare.  We're supposed to get cold again this week and a possibility of flurries.  If you have any frames with honey/pollen that can be spared you can try it or use some protein patties.  If they make it you would have a chance to see and learn, IMHO.  Looks like we're both going to get a little weather, so I would definitely keep close tabs on them.  I know I'm stating the obvious, but it's how my mind works.

Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

Offline james

• New Bee
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2007, 08:44:22 am »
in continuing the thread re god, i couldn't help but mention the heading at the top of the page of the forum recenlty "News: Happy Thanksgiving! and God Bless America!" just happened notice it before i read through this topic

don't get me wrong i've nothing against anyone who believe in god or god blessing america, nor that i'd want to deny any one or thing a blessing, but why not god bless all bees, or god bless the earth.....

blessed be!
small time organic bee keeper

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2007, 11:27:53 am »
My .02. God is love. I believe that, and I believe in actions not words. I have an uncle that says "I don't believe anything I hear and half of what I see." How true is that. There were and still are those that say why did Christ mingle with the sinners. There are churches that form "clicks" where they are higher and mightier than thou and these so called christians will not go outside of their protected boxes to spread the word, because it is safe to fellowship with those who are saved. I have always believed that a true Christian is one who goes out into the world to make a difference, spreading God's love by Example.

As far as Cindi's statement, I have read her posts, Ramblins as she calls them :-D, and I see her works, so I know she walks in love. (I hope I'm not embarrassing you Cindi) In fact, everyone on here is pretty harmless or so it seems, and hey don't forget the moderators will only let us push the envelope so far. Hopeles, in my opinion you have been a breath of fresh air to the forums so please know that you do have a place here. Now as my wife and Michael Myers would say, I am ferklempt!

Happy Turkey Day, and may God bless you and the devil never catch you! :-D
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2007, 12:09:43 pm »
It was probably a late swarm that couldn't get going.If they are small they probably won't make through winter up there.Maybe you can join them with another hive
kirko
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2007, 10:41:23 pm »
JP, hee, hee, haa, haa, a'ramblin' we shall go.  C
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything