Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: bees for pollination wanted in Hendersonville,NC  (Read 2318 times)

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
bees for pollination wanted in Hendersonville,NC
« on: July 19, 2008, 02:59:37 am »
Pm me if interested in renting about 10 hives for canalopes in the Hendersonville, NC. area..

Offline NWIN Beekeeper

• Professional Beekeeper
  • House Bee
Re: bees for pollination wanted in Hendersonville,NC
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 03:27:07 am »
Are you franchising in North Carolina?
There is nothing new under the sun. Only your perspective changes to see it anew.

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 11:29:42 am »
Hey,that don't sound to bad Jeff... A bee farm franchise is something that needs to be tossed around. Seriously the reason I ask is that 10 hives really is not worth the drive or hassle for me and thought if anyone was closer that they could make some easy money. I have a friend that farms in south Florida and NC. He usually asks me first and I thought that I would pass it on.  If no one is interested then I will probably have to ship him some nucs, so let me know if interested.

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 12:49:57 pm »
Ok, so you're actually looking for people to rent hives to him... rather than renting hives from you... got it now.  Too far for me, too.

Offline Bee-Bop

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 03:24:16 pm »
SgtMaj;

I was just wondering, how many hives of bees you got now ?

Bee-Bop
" If Your not part of the genetic solution of breeding mite-free bees, then You're part of the problem "

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 01:39:05 am »
1 hive 0 bees (just built first hive)...

I will get my first bees early next year.  Can't hardly wait, but know that I need to wait to give them the best shot.

Going to try and head to my first county beekeepers assoc. meeting week after this, too.  I'm excited about that, too.  I think I'll pick up a veil between now and then, just in case I get the opportunity to visit some hives.

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 12:25:17 pm »
1 hive 0 bees (just built first hive)...

I will get my first bees early next year.  Can't hardly wait, but know that I need to wait to give them the best shot.

Going to try and head to my first county beekeepers assoc. meeting week after this, too.  I'm excited about that, too.  I think I'll pick up a veil between now and then, just in case I get the opportunity to visit some hives.

since my topic has been hijacked :-\ I might as well ask: Well why wait till next year? You could buy a established hive that would make it through winter and you would have a headstart on next year.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 12:38:44 pm »
 I'm way too far away.....But, Now that we're talking about pollination, how much do farmers pay to pollinate their place?

your friend,
john

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 02:51:24 pm »
since my topic has been hijacked :-\ I might as well ask: Well why wait till next year? You could buy a established hive that would make it through winter and you would have a headstart on next year.

Sorry to have hijacked the thread...   :-\

I could do that, but haven't found any around me for sale. 

anything