Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I can kind of build, well, sort of  (Read 2722 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
I can kind of build, well, sort of
« on: October 11, 2008, 12:49:46 pm »
I needed something more chicken poop-picking-up in my chickenhouse.  So I asked my Husband to build something my Sister and I designed.  He did....I needed more room, so I built another addition myself...imagine that...I can build.  Now this is gonna make ya' carpenter-type ones laugh a little bit.  It took me four hours to build this ding dang addition to my Husbands.  Nothing is square, nothing is level, and I don't know how long it will stand up to the test of time.  But, I have a whole wack of little chickens that are quite happy with their new perch.  AND...the bonus, with both of these new-fan-dangled chickenperches, cleaning up all the crap from these boys and girls is quite simple, yeah!!  I use a hoe for pulling it off the plywood and it goes right into my handy dandy wheelbarrow!!!  Yeah, gonna have some good times with the chicken poo this winter.  Beautiful, most wonderful days, Cindi

My Husbands beautiful creation, hee, hee

My beautiful creation, hee, hee and haw, haw

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
Re: I can kind of build, well, sort of
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2008, 06:27:05 pm »
YAYS Cindi, it's beautiful, much prettier than the things I make...hee hee!  BUT my stuff will NEVER fall apart I put so many screws & nails in!  Keep on building, it's fun to do things yourself...even if people snicker whilst looking at it!  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2008, 08:18:29 pm »
Cindi, you build like I do.  I noticed that your husband also has the knack of making new construction look old and well used. 
The pigeon pen I built is like that, not plumb, not square, and looks older than the barn it's attacted to.  So I guess I build like you and your husband together.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 10:45:05 am »
 :) :) :)
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service