Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Plague Soldier Beetle  (Read 3765 times)

Offline wannabeehobbit

• New Bee
Plague Soldier Beetle
« on: March 04, 2013, 09:38:45 pm »
Hello, I live in NE Victoria and have a problem with Plague Soldier Beetles that have invaded our property and driven out the bees that once buzzed in our gumtrees and on our flowers.

I was wondering if anyone out there had any advice as to how to eradicate and control the Plague Soldier Beetles as we really miss the bees :(

Thank you.

Offline OzBuzz

• Queen Bee
Re: Plague Soldier Beetle
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 11:30:37 pm »
Anything you apply for the beetles will impact the bees... sadly it's a state of affairs we just have to live with

Offline rawfind

• House Bee
    • My Website
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 01:41:01 am »
Hello, I live in NE Victoria and have a problem with Plague Soldier Beetles that have invaded our property and driven out the bees that once buzzed in our gumtrees and on our flowers.

I was wondering if anyone out there had any advice as to how to eradicate and control the Plague Soldier Beetles as we really miss the bees :(

Thank you.

they those long suckers that are often seen joined together?  green and yellow underneath.

Offline wannabeehobbit

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 11:08:38 pm »
Yes they are  :( there, even our chooks are scared of them as they are literally in plague proportions.

Offline rawfind

• House Bee
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 01:50:12 am »
Yes they are  :( there, even our chooks are scared of them as they are literally in plague proportions.

i had heaps here too i found they were grouped in masses on branches and on the grass, i made up some pyrethium in my sprayer and let them have it, they drop instantly and die fast, got the odd bee but nothing that would make the slightest difference to my hives, i killed a lot not possible to kill all because of the sheer numbers and area affected but i must have made some difference as i dont see many around now and bees are doing fine, re Neil