Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Honey Bee-ing in NC  (Read 1809 times)

Offline Two Bees

• Field Bee
Honey Bee-ing in NC
« on: April 28, 2008, 02:38:49 pm »
Hello to everyone!

It's taken a little while but finally I would like to introduce myself.  I am a new beekeeper this year in central North Carolina. 

After having given the thought of keeping a hive or two for a long time, I decided to jump into the hobby this year after some encouragement from my "other bee", my spouse.  Hence, the name "Two Bees". She reminded me that I'm not getting any younger!

However, my interest started a long time ago when I was in Boy Scouts (shortly after the discovery of electricity and the development of horseless carriages!).  One of the Scoutmasters was an enthusiastic beekeeper and we all earned the Beekeeping merit badge.  That was 40+ years ago!  I don't know how old this gentleman is but he is still very active in the State Beekeeping Association, most recently giving a seminar at the NCBA Spring conference!  It seems like I always had the interest but not the time!

I have enjoyed and valued this forum for the information and its candor.  Everyone has been a resource that has been extremely helpful to me as someone starting out.  Some of the information will be helpful as I become a veteran beekeeper as well.  It seems like there is always something new to learn or just a new way of doing an old thing.

If anyone would like to chat about what I am doing or how I'm doing it, just pop an email to me!

Thanks!

"Don't know what I'd do without that boy......but I'm sure willin' to give it a try!"
J.D. Clampett commenting about Jethro Bodine.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Honey Bee-ing in NC
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 09:41:09 am »
TwoBees, good, you have officially introduced yourself, hee, hee, already said, but say again, welcome to our forum!!  Beautiful and most wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Two Bees

• Field Bee
Re: Honey Bee-ing in NC
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 10:32:30 am »
Hey, Cindi!

Beautiful day in Carolina this morning!  And I'm looking forward to peeking inside of my two hives this weekend.  I set them up almost two weeks ago (April 20) and I expect to see some brood!

Have a great day!

TB
"Don't know what I'd do without that boy......but I'm sure willin' to give it a try!"
J.D. Clampett commenting about Jethro Bodine.

anything