Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee on helenium  (Read 3995 times)

Offline BoBn

• House Bee
    • h
Bee on helenium
« on: August 25, 2009, 07:30:55 am »
Her wings are still moving.  They were rapidly collecting nectar and pollen.  They were moving so quickly, that I had to take about 10 pictures to get one good one. You can see the dark orange pollen on her legs.
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/5536/b090820.jpg
"Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch toward uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one-half the world fools and the other half hypocrites."
--Thomas Jefferson

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: Bee on helenium
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 07:54:16 am »
Bee-utiful shot! :-D
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 08:25:51 am »
Very disappointing......  I read the topic as "Bee on HELIUM"   :idunno:

Very nice picture though....
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 12:16:54 am »
Very disappointing......  I read the topic as "Bee on HELIUM"   :idunno:

Very nice picture though....

Thats how I read it also.

Offline Natalie

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 01:09:51 am »
How funny is that, I did too and I was like who the heck put helium in a hive? :-D

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 08:02:49 pm »
Hey, that gives me an idea.  How about really small balloons filled with helium glued to bees for use in finding feral hives.  Hmm.  Should at least get a good laugh watching a bee try to pull the balloon home.  LOL.
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 11:36:51 am »
Bee-nuts, beautiful, beautiful shot.  I don't know what is wrong with some of our forum friends, helium, oh brother, smiling  ;) :) :) :).  Being a "flower girl", I knew right away that the word was "helenium" not "helium".  Giving you all a hard time, and you know who you are, smiling.    I grow a perennial (well it grows itself) called Gaillardia (Blanket Flower), it has very similar coloring to your flower and looks similar in petal growth.  The bees go nuts on it, and I am not exaggerating one little bit.  Anyways, beautiful, thanks for sharing.  Have that most awesome and wonderful day, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service