Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New camera  (Read 3877 times)

Offline newbee101

• House Bee
    • http://www.acmepainting.com
New camera
« on: May 07, 2007, 07:04:13 pm »
I broke down and got a good camera. A Canon Rebel xti SLR 10.1 mp
I also got a zoom, that almost cost the price of the camera.
Lets hope for better pictures. Yes, this idiot took a picture of his new camera :)
"To bee or not to bee"

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
Re: New camera
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 07:12:34 pm »
That sure looks good. You know we now expect a lot of pictures from you. :)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 07:15:46 pm »
that's a good picture of your camera.....which you took with what??   :-D  that is nice.  my brother has one and he gets some awesome shots with it.  i think you'll find the zoom lens was worth it.  sometimes you just have to suck it up and go for it........
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 07:18:50 pm »
camera canon, or just cannon :-D sure looks like it!
hope it serves you well and long!

Offline newbee101

• House Bee
    • http://www.acmepainting.com
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 09:17:09 pm »
Now  i need a $700 macro lens.  :-D
"To bee or not to bee"

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 10:51:23 am »
Newbee101, I expect that you will bring on some fantastic shots of your bees for us !!!!  Great day, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 12:01:15 pm »
I spent almost $400 for my macro lens and really like it - the big point of having it isn't CLOSENESS but FLAT FIELD of VIEW. You get THAT close to anything, you start getting curved edges without really honing it precision.

That 10 megapixels is amazing - PLEASE remember to use jpeg compression for forum photos - if you use the image shack feature (which I really love) they require photos under a meg, which should be around 70% progressive compression to get your images under a mega and STILL look awesome. Can't beat good compression.

If you haven't got it, go to www.download.com and get the free Paint.net program, a very easy to use full featured OPEN SOURCE photo and art software - it is a great program and works well to handle bulk image resizing and compressing multiple images at once.

Good shooting I know you'll have fun with that new toy - wow!!!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 12:30:49 pm »
bah, i "wasted" 250€ on my new-used camera, a Fuji FinePix S9500.
why did i say "wasted"? every time i go on a walk or around with my bike, i see numerous things i could and should take picture of, but when i take the camera with me..there just aren't things "worth" of taking pictures.
plus...if i take the best quality pics, it's almost impossible to upload, but..it's not worth to take pics of any lower quality...beh!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 02:14:42 am »
Mici, you need to go for another walk, you may find things then to take a great picture of.  Come on, send us some pics of where you live.  Best of a beautiful day, great health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2007, 07:31:04 am »
bah, i "wasted" 250€ on my new-used camera, a Fuji FinePix S9500.
why did i say "wasted"? every time i go on a walk or around with my bike, i see numerous things i could and should take picture of, but when i take the camera with me..there just aren't things "worth" of taking pictures.
plus...if i take the best quality pics, it's almost impossible to upload, but..it's not worth to take pics of any lower quality...beh!
Mici, always take pictures at the highest quality but resize them for posting.  I use a freeware program called Irfanview, but just yesterday someone here (I think) posted a new freeware photo program called Paint.Net that looks interesting.  I usually select 1024 x 768 or 800x600 for posting, you don't lose all that much and it's fun to share photos with your forum friends!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 01:28:23 am »
Ann, my pictures are all taken in good quality too. I also resize them into the small size for the forum (when I can post pictures, grrr.).  I have a program I downloaded from Microsoft Power Toys, called Image Resizer, works like a hot darn!!!  Have a wonderful day, great life, great health.  Cindi

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
  • Little honey bee in flight
    • Photo Album
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 05:36:36 pm »
Ahhh, Im looking into buying this camera, Though a Nikon I want has a 1200 dollar macro lense that has a built in stabalizer (the shake reducer thing) and allot of other fun gadgets. I dont know though I love the 10.1 mega pixles!

Hope it does well!
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.

anything