Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: A Soccer Lesson  (Read 2048 times)

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
A Soccer Lesson
« on: September 07, 2009, 08:50:27 pm »
At one point during a game, the coach called one of his 7-year-old soccer players aside and asked, "Do you understand what cooperation is? What a team is?"  The little boy nodded in the affirmative.

"Do you understand that what matters is whether we win or lose together as a team?"   The little boy nodded yes.

"So," the coach continued, "I'm sure you know, when a foul is called, you shouldn't argue, curse, attack the referee, or call him a pecker-head.  Do you understand all that?"  Again the little boy nodded.

The coach continued, "And when I take you out of the game so another boy gets a chance to play, it's not good sportsmanship to call your coach 'a dumb butthole' is it?''  Again the little boy nodded.

"Good," said the coach. "Now go over there and explain all that to your mother."
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson

Offline irerob

• House Bee
Re: a Soccer Lesson
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 05:45:56 am »
 :lau: I like it    :lau:
You don't need a parachute to sky dive.... you do how ever need one to sky dive twice.
 KJ4QMH.

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2009, 10:11:53 am »
 :lau:

Offline beee farmer

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 06:07:35 pm »
There is one that is so true its almost not funny....after 15 years of coaching soccar I have yet to have a problem with a player that was not resolved with minimum effort..... not so the parents
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin

anything