Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: He is making me a level bee yard*  (Read 4234 times)

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
He is making me a level bee yard*
« on: February 04, 2008, 10:30:44 pm »
My DH building a wall to back fill with california gold gravel, so that the bee area will be level, and I can add a few more hives...The bees all started to exit the hive while he was working and they wouldn't leave him alone, so he had to veil up. LOL...

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: He is making me a level bee yard*
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 07:01:14 pm »
Sharon, how nice, look at the smile on that man's face, he is going to make his woman a happy lady.  A happy wife makes for a happy life, hee, hee, ever heard that before?  I love it when I see a man doing something like that for his gal.  It reminds me of my Husband.  His entire agenda in his life is to make me happy, anything I want him to do, he will (well, sometimes he won't and balks, like when I want him to help me out with the weeding, hee, hee  :-X ;) :)).  That is not his baleywick.  But build something, yep......the smile on my Husband's face looks just like the smile on your guys, yeah!!!  takin' my hat off to these men!!!  Have the most beautiful and wonderfulest of days.  Cindi

Looks like you really do have nice weather happening down where you are.  We are still in the depths of that awful snow, or as Frantz put it, frost (little does he know that our frost looks way different than when it snows, hee, hee).  He has to put up with about 10 feet deep of it.  (but look at the fun they have, did you see all the pictures he posted?  especially the one of his yurt?).  C.
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 11:21:56 am »
Cindi the mini bee yard is about finished, we just have to cap the little wall.  I hear that the weather will be gorgeous this weekend,and I am grateful to be home to enjoy it.  Hooray...I wonder if Spring is has sprung here?

hhhhhhhhhhmmm

Going to plant dahlia seeds today!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 10:15:02 am »
Sharon, when it is done, bring on that picture!!!  With your Hubby standing beside it, proud as can be....that is wonderful.

Planting dahlia seeds eh?  I haven't got mine started yet.  I have been really sick for about 5 days, just beginning to feel better on Friday.  Had some kind of stomach bug brewing around in there.  But, got over it (thank goodness, I was rather sick of my bathroom, it was like a home away from home, hee, hee, eeeeewwwwww, yuuukkk, sorry, I had to share,  :roll: ;) :).

This week is my week of reckoning.  Lots to do outside, the snow is almost gone, the weather has warmed and I am off to build a new big fence and new house pretty soon for more room for more chickeny stuff with my Sister.  Thank goodness, winter is heading off to that wayside.  Oh dear, I took of on your post, sorry girl. 

Back to you......happy days, you are getting spring time coming on really fast it sounds like.  Have the most wonderful and best of this day, remember to bring us a picture, love our life we live.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service