Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Anybody in Melbourne, or thereabouts, have an extractor/uncapping knife  (Read 3180 times)

Offline OzBuzz

• Queen Bee
Hey everybody, just wondering if anybody in Melbourne, or thereabouts, has a 4, 6 or 8 frame extractor along with an uncapping knife I might be able to borrow/rent for a weekend?

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: Anybody in Melbourne, or thereabouts, have an extractor/uncapping knife
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 04:09:46 pm »
It might be a bit of a drive.   http://www.bindaree.com.au/pricelists/hire.htm

Offline Mardak

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 05:33:25 pm »
Your local Bee Club generally has a group extractor and equipment to loan its members. Kew or Doncaster were places where the clubs were very active. Bar that, you could do the scrape and squeeze method for all those frames. Keep ya busy for a while with all those hives.

Offline OzBuzz

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 10:28:44 pm »
Your local Bee Club generally has a group extractor and equipment to loan its members. Kew or Doncaster were places where the clubs were very active. Bar that, you could do the scrape and squeeze method for all those frames. Keep ya busy for a while with all those hives.

Thanks Mardak,

I'm not a member of any club yet and i don't want to join up and then in the next breath say "hey, do you guys have an extractor i can use". Scrape and squeeze is not an option - i don't want to ruin the good work they've done drawing out the comb and i would sooner they put their energies in to re-filling the combs for a second extraction in spring rather than rebuilding the comb - thanks for your thoughts though

anything