Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Spred'n the word  (Read 3268 times)

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Spred'n the word
« on: March 05, 2005, 12:26:53 pm »
I went to another meeting the other night and about everyone there, begginers class, knew nothing about bees, I would say 20 people. So when they where talking about good sites to go to to learn I had to say to come to Johns wonderful forums. I hope some of them come on in and join, they seamed very interested, bye :D
Ryan Horn

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Spred'n the word
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 06:31:08 pm »
Great point Ryan:

I hope everyone (who has clubs, groups and meetings with other beekeepers) will share the forum address with them. Having an enviroment like this is a double bonus - it gives the local members a meeting place and it gives this International crowd more members to share and learn from.

I think I'll make up a Acrobat Page with 10 Bee Forum cards on it - explaining a bit about the forums and its features, and maybe everyone can make these available as hand outs at the meetings or share the address in club newsletters.

If we never get another member, we still have a great group -  But in the post on DO YOU BELONG TO A CLUB shows that many members here do - We have the ability to set up groups in the forums - both open and private areas, so that club members can write back and forth to their membership without sending stuff to everyone in the forum - that is a powerful tool when most clubs have a website, but no real means of communicating besides email.

That includes individual chatrooms too - all that is easy to create and literally effortless to maintain. The point is to make beekeeping available to anyone's desktop, with live and relative material always a mouse click away.

Good post Ryan - thanks for spreading the word. I think that Backyard Beekeeping is an important and necessary media for the survival of the honeybee. Commercial enterprises serve a real purpose, but the individual beeyards are hubs where the honeybee has a greater chance to thrive during these tough times. And I have learned that being able to communicate with others greatly increases everyones chance of success.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Lesli

• House Bee
Spred'n the word
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2005, 06:54:53 pm »
Since I'm the bee club editor, I had a little "filler column" of Internet sites helpful to beekeepers, and I listed this one, too. While we have many long-time beeks in our club, there's a surprising number of people new to it.
Lesli

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Spred'n the word
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 07:29:38 pm »
I was suprised when we went to are begginers meeting the other night becuase I expected mostly older men in the class. It turned out more like 60% middle aged weman. bye :D
Ryan Horn

Offline lively Bee's

• House Bee
Spred'n the word
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 02:08:27 am »
In the begginers class I took with my wife there was only 4 men and then about 12 or 13 ladys.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Spred'n the word
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 09:27:42 am »
Guess it is common then, bye :D
Ryan Horn

Offline Rich V

• House Bee
Spred'n the word
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 10:58:42 pm »
The classes I been too are about 40% women

Rich V.