Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Kent In England  (Read 2656 times)

Offline Jbman

• New Bee
Hello from Kent In England
« on: March 21, 2006, 09:39:27 am »
Hi. I'm considering starting beekeeping and I live in East Kent.  I'm sure i'll enjoy this forum. :D

Offline ian michael davison

• House Bee
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 01:31:06 pm »
Hi Jbman
Check out the BBKA site and forums as well. Try this one day taster. John is a friend of mine and featured in the American bee journal recently as well.
http://www.blackhorseapiaries.org.uk/
and click on events.
He runs great courses and If you go on the meet the bee day you will get to have a look in some hives :D

Welcome to the club
Regards Ian

Offline CraigW

• House Bee
  • Thunder Rolls
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 04:55:47 pm »
Hello jbman,

I was born in Margate and my sister is from Dover. I have a lot of family from england and New Zealand. I spent 3 years in NZ. Welcome to this forum, it is the best in the west.
I am a newbie also.

Craig
Have a great Day and Thanks!

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2006, 05:19:32 pm »
JBMan:

Welcome to the Forums - this is honestly the BEST WAY to start a hobby in beekeeping - spend a few weeks reading past posts, while keeping up with current issues and WHENEVER anything comes to mind ASK a question while it is fresh in your head :)

Many people have spent a full year here, just learning what a YEAR IN THE LIFE of a beekeeper is really like. But whether you NEVER keep bees or not, this resources here are stunningly helpful, both for the beginner and the long time beekeeper alike.

Again, welcome and have fun learn about this "often frustrating but always rewarding hobby".
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.