Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Newbee in Maryland  (Read 2552 times)

Offline Bee Jenna

• Brood
  • Why, oh why, didn't I take the BLUE pill?
Newbee in Maryland
« on: December 02, 2008, 02:24:01 pm »
Hello - I'm Jenna.  I live in Not-Quite-Western Maryland - in the "four states" area of Frederick.

I just signed up for my local beekeeper course this morning!  My bees (as well as my chickens) are all in the R&D phase.  I plan to have top bar hives.  There's an area in my yard which the former owner planted in lovely perennials that are always in bloom someplace all summer long; I also plan to put in some raspberries and blueberries, as well.  I'm hoping the place I have planned for my bees will work.  I don't plan to be commercial; I'd like to add bee-related products to my self-sufficience and possibly for bartering.  I'm all about the environment and sustainability.  I believe that working in concert with nature is the best way to go every time.

I'm happy to be on this forum and hope to learn and also to contribute as time goes on.
--Jenna

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: Newbee in Maryland
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 09:11:16 pm »
Hello and Welcome Jenna
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 10:09:35 am »
Welcome Jenna.

Sounds like you have a good foundation for starting your beekeeping experience. Good Luck and Enjoy!
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2008, 11:25:22 am »
Jenna welcome to our forum.  So nice that you have found us. This will be a place where you will see, you will be able to contribute to as much as you would like.  A place to tell your stories, tales and experiences, a place to ask questions.  We all love to listen and help, you will soon find this out, we love new members and it will be a place where you too, can make some new friends.  Stick around, you will love to keep bees and chickens, we have lots of members that are farm-y people.  Have a great and wonderful day, life, and health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Anny

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2008, 02:54:35 pm »
welcome to the forum I to am new so we get to learn everything together!

Offline BenC

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 05:31:27 pm »
Hello and welcome to the forum neighbor!  Sounds like your getting off to a good start by enrolling in a course.  Good luck and have fun.

Offline EasternShore

• House Bee
  • Tending 50K angry insects is just .........crazy!
    • OMG Apiary
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 10:53:39 am »
Welcome..you will so enjoy everyone here...Ton's of help...don't forget to update your location on profile.

Also..the search tab is AWESOME...all you ever wanted to know!
Anything worth doing is worth doing well.
We are the keepers, it is our duty to preserve life.

Offline Cossack

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 12:26:28 am »
Welcome Jenna,
     I live on the Eastern Shore outside of Ocean City. I joined in September and have learned alot on this site.

Have Fun....

:-D
I had a dream last night, I was eating a 10 pound marshmallow. I woke up this morning and the pillow was gone.....

anything