Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: supplies  (Read 2526 times)

Offline jmsk

• New Bee
supplies
« on: August 30, 2007, 01:16:05 am »
Could you please tell me who your suppliers are.

Offline randydrivesabus

• Queen Bee
Re: supplies
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 07:02:13 am »
i buy from brushy mountain because its the closest.

Offline BeeHopper

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 07:09:40 am »
Could you please tell me who your suppliers are.

Franklin or Lancaster County ?

Anyways, I use BetterBee in NY exclusively for my woodenware, the hive bodies and supers are 7/8 thick. Mostly one day shipping for me in South Jersey.  :-D

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 07:45:11 am »
i buy from brushy mountain because its the closest.
Brushy Mountain usually has a sale somewhere around December where they offer free shipping, even on the woodenware.  We usually put an order in then for whatever we need. 

For the most part it's best to order heavy items from the closest supplier to you to cut down on shipping charges.

Offline Moonshae

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 10:23:07 am »
I use Betterbee as well.
"The mouth of a perfectly contented man is filled with beer." - Egyptian Proverb, 2200 BC

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 11:13:26 am »
I use mainly Betterbee and Dadant.  Kelley is another good supplier I use to use until it became too costly.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 07:08:55 pm »
I use dadant most all the time due to being so close (15 mins), but also deal with rossmans.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 11:36:52 pm »
I order all of my wooden ware from Western Bee.  They are very prompt and even shipped me 8 frame ends after mistakenly shipping 10 frame ends w/o charging shipping.  Western Bee is fairly close and they even make wooden ware for other major suppliers.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 07:40:19 am »
Dadant out of Paris, Texas, Bill @ Honeymoon apiaries, Goldenbee, Brushymountain, and Betterbee, and Walter T. Kelly. Locally, The Busby's out of Varnado, Louisiana for Russian bees. I've purchased beevacs from Southwestern bee supply (pricey) and just recently purchased a beevac from Kelly, although someone else makes it, it was a good buy, 1/2 the cost of the Southwestern one and more compact.
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 09:27:29 am »
The majority of my boxes and bottom boards came from Miller Bee Supply.  A lot of the boxes and Screened Bottom Boards (SBB) came from Brushy Mt.  A lot of my queen rearing supplies came from Brushy Mt, Mann Lake, Beeworks and Betterbee.  Most of my frames, some of my boxes, and many gadgets like wax tube fasteners and electric embedders, and frame building jigs came from Walter T. Kelly.  Some of my boxes and lids came from Western Bee Supply.  All of my plastic frames (PF120s) came from Mann Lake.  My extractor came from Mann Lake.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything