Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: WILD COMB?  (Read 1779 times)

Offline GLOCK

• House Bee
WILD COMB?
« on: July 10, 2011, 03:43:50 pm »
I have two hive making this wild comb between frames in  there top brood box .
What should i do ? It looks like only honey in the comb.
 thank you.
Say hello to the bad guy.
35hives  {T} OAV

Offline GLOCK

• House Bee
SORRY HERES PIC
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 03:45:43 pm »
35hives  {T} OAV

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
Re: WILD COMB?
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 05:25:36 pm »
Take your knife and cut it off, sit it outside and they will rob the honey out of it.

If you are running 10 frame boxes with 9 frames, take out the frame spacers, put ten frames in and push them up tight together. If you are wanting to run 9 frames in a 10 frame box you will have to wait until they pull the comb out.
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline skatesailor

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 08:06:50 pm »
Ditto on G3. There's too much space between your frames. I'd also put that frame on the outside with the mangled section facing out. I have found that once they start doing that to a frame they keep trying to do it again.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 10:41:56 pm »
Too much bee space.   Push the frames together.    After cutting that mess loose. 

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 01:39:43 pm »
That is one of the reason I like my plastic frames.  When some non conforming engineers make rows of bridge comb between frames being drawn, I just shake and smoke off the bees and take it back down to foundation and they draw it back out correctly for my purposes when I place them between the other drawn in the box.  If you wave was foundation or duragilt, it is hard to fix without destroying the comb.

Offline GLOCK

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 08:16:14 pm »
Thanks guys.
All cleaned up and put back together.
I had a little brood  in one of the  frames but not much so i scraped it out it was part of a big peace of comb.
There just starting to draw out the top brood box like 2 and half frames so i 'll leave them alone for a couple weeks .
I have screen tops so i can see the top of the frames any time with out really making them mad .
35hives  {T} OAV

Offline kedgel

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2011, 12:04:25 am »
The only time my bees have done that is when they were cramped and wanted to expand.  I shaved off the "condo-comb" and put on a foundationed box on top.  They took to it like gang-busters drawing out the foundation and filling it with nectar.  End of problem.
Talent is a dull blade that cuts nothing unless wielded with great force--Pat Travers