Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: john deere tractors  (Read 9584 times)

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
john deere tractors
« on: November 27, 2006, 07:45:56 pm »
Here is the first pic of my john deere tractors.  This is a 4020, 1972 is the production year I think.  I  will post the others when i can.

Here is our back hoe.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 12:07:46 am by pdmattox »

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: john deere tractors
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2006, 09:47:50 pm »
pdmattox,
Nice picture, you are lucky to have a tractor, wish I had one.  Is that an American Staffordshire Terrior I see in the picture?  I have two, and one of them looks like that one.  I hate to say the common name for this dog, as everyone thinks that they are so awful, quite the contrary, loving children, family, animals, great dogs.  I will always have them as my pets.  Great day. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2006, 11:27:53 pm »
Hello Cindi, Your are right about the dog.  Great dogs.  The tractors are a must to be able to keep up with the maintence of the land.

Offline Kris^

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 11:58:23 pm »
My son on our John Deere 3010, made around 1962.  This picture was taken about 4 years ago:

-- Kris

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 12:42:07 am »
pdmattox and Kris
Again, I am envious of farm vehicles.  Do you live on big acreage that requires these type of vehicles.  We have 5 acres and the only thing that we have is a quad.  It actually does a fair amount of work for us, (if we make it, LOL).  It pulls stuff, moves dirt or whatever in a wagon that my husband built, we have a device that pulls behind it.  I am sure that it has a name, it has forks that face downward onto the ground and levels and pulls out sticks and branches from the ground.  A very useful piece of an apparatus. (Maybe called a harrow or something like that).   It is a 4 wheel drive (maybe all quads are, I don't know).  It is good fun for trailriding and just riding around the property, we all have fun with it.  It was so much fun with the snowfall that we had and we pulled the kids around behind it on their sleds.  What a blast.!!!  the picture shows my youngest daughter and oldest grandson going for a double ride.  This is one the most stable of the quads built and is virtually impossible to tip over (even when doubling) because the person in the back sits over the centre of gravity, a very safe quad for sure.  The quad is made by BRP (Bombardier Recreational Products).  So that is the closest I have to a tractor or a backhoe.  I still want to get a farm tractor for so much work that we could use it for.  Great day, awesome pics.  Cindi

Oops, forgot to put in the picture of our quad.  Here, hope you enjoy the pic

« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 10:14:03 am by Cindi »
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 10:24:04 pm »
meany dallas you owe me $20 and an apology :-x
MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2006, 10:29:25 pm »
Cindi, nice looking 4 wheeler.  We sure use ours alot.

Josh, I'm sorry, but you can get the tweenty from me on the links.....

Offline wayne

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 10:22:16 pm »
On a smaller scale, a wheelhorse 1054 from 1964.

wayne
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 07:51:08 pm by wayne »
I was born about 100 years too early, or to late.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 09:46:43 am »
Nice!!!  Keep the pics coming, tractors are cool, I may have one some day.  Great day. Cindi

Offline ChickenWing

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 01:11:21 pm »
Below is a photo of my 1948 Farmall Cub.  That makes it almost 59 years old.  It is in pretty rough shape, but it is because it is well used.  I use it to mow my lawn and field to this day.  It is the only mower I have at the moment.  It has lived a good long life, but I am hoping to replace it soon with something more powerful and updated.  Then perhaps I will give it a good going over, and it can spend the rest of its life on the local parade circuit.  :D

Fixed image link - Robo!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 01:48:36 pm by Robo »

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2006, 06:34:13 pm »
Nice Farmall, they were widley used in this part of florida and proved to be great workers.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 12:02:49 am »
I am really totally astounded at all the old tractor pictures, ones so old and still being used!!!  I still believe the oldies of so many things were built with precision and care and with care they just keep on going and going and going.  I just can't believe it.  Great day. Cindi

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2006, 07:04:45 am »
A mid sixties simplicity tractor that has since retired from lawn mowing and going through a midlife crisis.
It now wants to be all play and no work!Hope nobody else has a tractor with these troubles. :lol:

P.S. I'd love to have one of those farmall cubs with a belly mower!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2006, 09:42:09 am »
Ken, your son looks like he really enjoys doing the tractor ride.  Look no hands!!!  Cute.  I have seen a couple of your pics and it looks like you guys might go in events or something with different modes of transportation.  Right, wrong?  Some kind of rallies?  Anyways, great day, good picture surely.  Cindi

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2006, 06:14:41 pm »
Cindi,
The event is called tractor pulling. We hitch up to a weighted sled with a moveable weight box. The farther you move the sled ,the heavier it gets.So the competition is to see who can pull it the farthest. The tractors are broken into different classes by the weight of the tractor and driver. We generally pull in the 800,900 and 1000 pound classes by adding weight to the tractor. And Josh really does enjoy his tractor!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2006, 12:49:33 am »
Ken, that really sounds like alot of fun for you and your son.  So, now I wonder, does this type of eventing occur year round?  My girls were into "games" with their horses when they were young, it took alot of our time, early mornings, but man was it fun to get the family out, watching the events that all the kids were doing their best to make their "machines" work.  Don't kids make the world go round?  Great day.  Cindi

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2006, 07:56:01 am »
The kids surely do make the world go round. Our "season" for these events usually start mid to late March and end in early to mid November depending on the weather. We try to limitn to two to three pull events a month bit if not much else is happening we go to more.   Ken

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2006, 08:13:48 pm »
Nice four wheeler cindi wish i had it can u send it through e mai??? :-D
MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2006, 12:46:03 pm »
Nice four wheeler cindi wish i had it can u send it through e mai??? :-D
Buzzbejr
Awe, I wish I could send it for you though mail, you would love it, it would have been my pleasure.  As you probably have noticed in my previous posts, we have about 12 kids that all live on our property, they range from 4 all the way up to 17.  Now, not all the kids have had the chance (or desire to ride).  The four year old is a little girl, too young and girly, the oldest young man, chooses not to any anything to do with out back riding.  All the rest inbetween all get a chance when they want to, and if an adult is present to supervise.  Oops, pardon me, the 7 and 8 year old are a little too young, but they can be doubled anytime that they want.  It is a "rule" around our place, that the young people wear a riding helmut.  We have other types of quads here too, but they are far too powerful and scarey for me even to consider riding.  I leave that to my daughter and her husband, they are accomplished riders of so many outdoor recreational vehicles.  My son-in-law is the head mechanic for an outfit that sells and repairs power toys.  This is all the way from watercraft, to quads, to sleds.  He is very fortunate in that he can bring these toys home too sometimes for the weekend.  It brings great pleasure to all that live here and we have fun!!!.  His boss considers it to be a great advertising tool when he brings the toys home and we all play, whether it is here, the lake or the mountains.  Outdoor activities are all wonderful for young people, you are lucky that you and your dad get a chance to do that stuff with the tractors, be grateful for that buzzbeejr.  Have an awesome day, and keep having fun with the tractor stuff.  Cindi

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2006, 10:13:21 pm »
just a pic of one of the toys in our yard.