Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: help needed  (Read 2648 times)

Offline achunter

• House Bee
help needed
« on: April 27, 2009, 08:59:54 pm »
Hello everyone i ordered 4 packages of been back in December and I recently found out that guy i ordered them from is going out of business...nice huh. Anyhow he said select orders will be canceled and all monies returned, they were due to be here on the 20th of April and i still haven't heard from him or seen any bees. I currently only have one hive, i started last year with two and one croaked over the winter. I was wondering if there would be anyone on here that could possibly help me out if he decides to cancel my order. I was hoping i could get 4 packages or nucs or anything from someone, i know its late but i didn't expect this. Im not sure if hes going to cancel it but i just wanted to post early incase he does so maybe we would arrange something. I live in Millersburg PA 40 mins north of Harrisburg any help would be extremely appriciated from anyone.
Thanks!
Alex

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Re: help needed
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 11:41:51 pm »
If you know of any equipment supplier that is fairly local and who offers packages of bees you might get lucky.  The suppliers out here usually order extra than what they have committed to so the customers can pickup and extra package or two if they want or because of someone in your situtation.

Otherwise, I check with the local beekeepers Assoc and see if any members are will to sell a hive, nuvcs, or even a few frames of bees with brood.

Good Luck.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 07:48:58 am »
Otherwise, I check with the local beekeepers Assoc and see if any members are will to sell a hive, nuvcs, or even a few frames of bees with brood.
Good Luck.
As Brian said, one of the benefits of belonging to a local club is having a network of beekeepers willing to help.
http://www.pastatebeekeepers.org/Reports/Map/2007%20Contacts%20and%20Inspectors.html

Offline nella

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 08:16:04 am »
You can  try this company, they are not too far from you if they still have any bees.     bjornapiaries.com/index.html

Offline justgojumpit

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 08:54:58 am »
I can sell you a nuc in two months or so.  I'll be doing splits in a few weeks, and then need to let the nucs raise a new queen.  If you can wait that long, my number is (914) 420-3738.  Give me a call.  I live about 1 hour north of New York City.

justgojumpit
Keeper of bees and builder of custom beekeeping equipment.

Offline Two Bees

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 09:26:31 am »
AC, an alternative plan could be to create a couple of splits in late May or June from your existing hive, if the bee population is building up nicely.

"Don't know what I'd do without that boy......but I'm sure willin' to give it a try!"
J.D. Clampett commenting about Jethro Bodine.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 11:40:16 pm »
I'd PM Bjorn.  Better yet find his web site.  He's near you, I think.  At least he's in PA.  :)
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline achunter

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 05:42:34 pm »
OK, well thanks for all the suggestions i will get in contact with Bjorn and see if he could help me out with some nucs
Thanks to all

anything