Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Who all has tries the ventrilo program?  (Read 28359 times)

Offline gwalker314

• House Bee
Re: Who all has tries the ventrilo program?
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2010, 10:12:09 am »
Not yet,
I'll try it, I just noticed Win 7 wasn't listed. I thought I would post it here to see if anyone had downloaded it with Windows 7.\

Thanks,

GW

Offline gwalker314

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2010, 12:00:21 pm »
Thanks Jim 134,

It downloaded fine on Windows 7.

GW

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2010, 12:10:46 pm »
I use it on Win7 every day - it works with all popular windows versions. Setup in minutes and you are on the air.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 08:27:07 pm »
I tried it for awhile...My only problem is the 5 gig usage limit I have with verizon so I bailed out of the program....I dont really know how much usage it takes but, if I go over I get so throttled back that I cant do anything on line till verizon resets my usage...If I had a newer verizon contract, They wouldnt throttle me....they'd just let me keep going and then send me the bill...the BIG BILL!....My son has a newer contract and got a 950$ bill awhile back.
Other than that, it was pretty fun!

your friend,
john

Offline CVBees

• House Bee
  • secondchanceapiary@gmail
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2010, 08:31:36 pm »
Vent is cool but not alot of consistent users..   :-\
Bees are the key to life as we know it.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2010, 12:12:01 am »
CVBees:

I suggest you look at the bottom of the forum main page to see who is on, and when. Evenings (EST) nearly every night you'll find around 10 or more people on voice chat, throughout the weekends and late evenings for the Aussies.

If you come in and see no one there, then leave - of course you'll assume no one is in their consistently, but it just isn't so. Using your thinking, no one ever would be and I talk to about half a dozen members a day, every day in Ventrilo. I hope you try more often.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline gwalker314

• House Bee
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2010, 08:44:43 am »
I have been using ventrilo for a couple of weeks now and I have really enjoyed getting to know some of the forum members better. The software is a free download and very easy to setup to get you listening and talking in live conversations. It is another great resource in sharing and learning about beekeeping as well as any other topic thats on your mind. I encourage others who haven't tried ventrilo to give it a go. Being a new beekeeper I have been given lots of tips and contact numbers for other beekeepers in my area that are willing to answer area specific questions. I am looking forward to seeing more of you there.

GW

Offline Brooklyn

• House Bee
    • Quality Pet Food Online
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2010, 11:49:09 pm »
Ken,
Maybe you can help me. I have not been on for a while. I have a USB mic and head set combo by micro soft. I use a sound blaster xf sound card. When I do get the program to Run it works great. But my settings change with in my system.

How can I stop it from changing?

Brooklyn

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2010, 07:13:44 pm »
Not sure how to help ya there Brooklyn,what settings are changing?
Be sure the mic is plugged in before you launch ventrilo,as it does not recognize it sometimes if it's plugged in afterwards.

Offline ProPacific

• House Bee
    • Pro Pacific Bee Removal Website
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2010, 05:44:49 pm »
Should be checkin it out soon! Thanks! :mrgreen:

Offline Tommyt

• Field Bee
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2011, 12:33:01 pm »
How many people are talking at once or is it a one on one
Or is it that you listen and either speak up or type up
Is it the same as how a Conference call would work
plus adding type to the menu ?

Tommyt
"Not everything found on the internet is accurate"
Abraham Lincoln

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2011, 01:09:39 pm »
Not sure how to help ya there Brooklyn,what settings are changing?
Be sure the mic is plugged in before you launch ventrilo,as it does not recognize it sometimes if it's plugged in afterwards.

Thats the problem I was having last night. But other than that, I like it alot. Puts a voice with the postings.

Offline The Bix

• House Bee
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2011, 01:29:06 pm »
I tried using it.  I had a short conversation with Jim 134, he was talking and I was listening and typing...couldn't get my microphone to tie into it.  I'm using a Mac with OS X Version 10.5.8 any help/hints to get it fully functioning would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2011, 06:09:38 pm »
We have had as many as 10 to 15 people,which just takes a little courtesy  sometimes. most times it's four or five just chatting about anything that comes up. Sometimes we even talk about bees.
But join in and don't be afraid to bring up bees, it's doesseem to be a common thread among this group!! :)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2011, 11:40:41 pm »
OK, I gave it a shot this evening and wasn't able to do the whole voice thing, I was able to type, and eventually got to where I could hear Bud1 and K9, but they couldn't hear me...ugh.

I've gotta try to hook up when you're on Ken...maybe you can lead me through it with baby steps???

There's things that I know:

I know a little about keeping bees
I know more about harleys
I know all there is about how to piss off my wife :-D

I know very little about these computer thingies

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2011, 11:49:54 pm »

I know all there is about how to piss off my wife :-D

Scott

LOL

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2011, 07:38:28 am »
Scott,
i'll try to get caught up with ya sometime. I'll probably be around this evening for sure.I will be in and out through the day,not sure of times though.
  If you got logged in and could hear,you got most of the battle won.
PS Be sure your mic is plugged into the in port for sure. I hooked mine into the speaker port already.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2011, 09:52:09 am »
Thanks Ken, I'll look for you when I can get on. Tonight won't happen until late...moving two bee yards.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2011, 09:06:38 am »
I know all there is about how to piss off my wife

Scott I can do it with out trying some time's it only takes getting up in the morning :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2011, 09:27:23 am »
Scott; we gona have to get Ken some no doze; that boy sho does a lot of observation off the back side o his eye lids.
but sho gotta admit never seen him not getting but one person going and he got him on the next nite.
to bee or not to bee