Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 1846 times)

Offline karrow

• Brood
Greetings
« on: May 15, 2008, 08:53:11 pm »
My wifes Grandfather introduced me to beekeeping 8 years ago.  He tended bee's for over 60 years.  Sure do miss him.  Currently I have 9 hives and plan on adding more next year. 

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 09:50:30 pm »
Sounds like your grandpaw was a fantastic fellow and a great inspiration for you. Welcome to beemaster!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 11:28:43 pm »
Hi Karrow!
 Happy to have you here!
 I'm sure , with 8 years of bees and experience, We're gonna appreciate your bee input!
 I think you'll find this place a lot of fun! Everybody here is really nice and, like you, we're all bee-o-holics. It seems lately that  beekeepers are coming out of the woodwork and joining us here at the forums! Again, welcome, and have a great time!

your friend,
john

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 10:11:38 am »
Karrow, welcome to our forum, this will be a place that you will love to spend time.  You have many experiences, I am sure, when you have time, tell us of some of your favourite tales.

You had a wonderful mentor, I don't doubt that for a minute.  The old folk have a way of wanting to impart the life wisdom to those that will listen.  You obviously did.  Sixty years of beekeeping is a long time, and I bet this fine man would have had tales to tell, things to show you, you were a fortunate soul.

Enjoy your visits with us, you will make new friends, we will lean on you as you may lean on us.  Have that most beautiful and wonderful day, welcome.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service