Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Denver CO, Hello Beeks!  (Read 1714 times)

Offline wickedlees

• Brood
Denver CO, Hello Beeks!
« on: June 29, 2012, 09:44:01 pm »
I'm new to this group, I've joined a few online groups and am excited to be having my midlife crisis that consists of bees, gardens and chickens, so much for that little red corvette hu? I have gardened for about 5 yrs refusing to water anything we aren't eating. If the city would "let" me, I'd have my front yard be a vegetable garden too, as it is, it's now a bee food garden! Take that ya code enforcer!  :evil: :police: I'm not really a rebel, just in a silly mood. I decided that as much as I love my garden, one of the best thing about it was the bees. So last December I got to looking into what it would take to have my own hive. I was afraid that it would be a huge production, and what do you know, it is! And I love every second of it! (well, almost every second, the parts where I'm in a suit hot as the surface of the sun not so much....)
I also decided that I needed chickens and I'm super excited to be going to get my new (to me anyway) coop tomorrow along with 4 cute little chicks! My friends think I've lost my mind and you know? that's OK! I've been keeping a blog instead of a journal in regard to my inspections and reflections I hope it's OK if I post the addy here, it's not for money, but if you're an old time beek then perhaps my brand new baby antics will amuse you and remind you about when you were a newbee too. I have already found some answers to questions online here in the forums. THANK YOU! I'm a knowledge sponge these days with bees and chickens. I'd love a pen pal if you wanna chat, feel free to hit me up via my blog or Facebook. Thanks for reading.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
Re: Denver CO, Hello Beeks!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 01:00:23 am »
Welcome to the forum, wicked.  Is the fire close to you.  There is a lot of things to pick up on here in the post and videos.  Also on you tube.  If you have any questions just ask, somebody can give you an answer.  Check into a local bees club that will help too.  Good luck with your projects.  The wife says all my projects are a large endivor, my golf, boat, motorcycles, tractor, gardern and bees.  Oh and I am a Rebel.  And one thing that gets me is people that talk about spending money like a drunken sailor, I was one, and people in the military don't get much money,anyway I have carried on too much already.  Welcome to the site.

Joe

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 01:10:25 am »
welcome to the site!!  i am headed your way tomorrow to play in the smoke  ;)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 12:46:09 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 09:32:10 am »
Welcome to the site!