Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Peanuts  (Read 3490 times)

Offline rast

• Field Bee
Peanuts
« on: March 15, 2009, 09:36:12 pm »
 Cindi started this in Gen. Beekeeping.
 My stepfather was growing peanuts. A relative came by and asked if she could have some. He said sure, go get ya some. She came back in a little while and said there wasn't any left. They had all been picked.
 True Story.
Fools argue; wise men discuss.
    --Paramahansa Yogananda

Offline BjornBee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Peanuts
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 09:45:04 pm »
 :lau:

Connecting those dots......
www.bjornapiaries.com
www.pennapic.org
Please Support "National Honey Bee Day"
Northern States Queen Breeders Assoc.  www.nsqba.com

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 10:20:34 pm »
Remember back in the 60's when my Uncle married "that city girl" and brought her home to meet the family.  She wanted to see the Peanut Trees. When she was told they were legumes and grown under ground she thought we were just trying to pull a joke on her and got mad.  When she was shown a peanut plant with the peanuts still attached she still thought it was a trick.  Finally, after she was taken into the field to pull some up herself did she accept it.  She never ate another peanut or knowingly another peanut product.  She came from a family that thought only livestock ate corn and root crops.

The marriage didn't last long.   

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 10:36:30 pm »
Wonder if they know where taters come from?  :?
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 10:37:03 pm »
Y'all ever have duck suasage?

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 10:40:34 pm »
Y'all ever have duck suasage?

...JP

Only when it was thrown at me.

DUCK!!!
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 10:46:48 pm »
Seriously though Jerry, have you ever had duck suasage?

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 11:36:20 pm »

Good try BjornBee, you`ll never connect those dots, smiling, a secret lingo here, smiling.  Have a wonderful and awesome day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 11:48:30 pm »

Good try BjornBee, you`ll never connect those dots, smiling, a secret lingo here, smiling.  Have a wonderful and awesome day, Cindi

OK, BjornBee, on the serious side, recall that thread we were talking in and I mentioned that I didn`t realize that grapefruit grew on trees, I was only kidding, I knew they did.  Topic linked below:

http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,20039.0.html

Hey Rast, if only she had dug just only a little bit down in the earth eh, smiling.  I actually have never seen peanuts grow myself personally.

This is a funny little story. One time my Husband had a Sony party for his work. We live in country on five acres (I am sure that you all know that, smiling).  We had mostly city folk come to our parties always.  They know not too much about the country life.  I had a small field of corn.  A girl asked what that most beautiful and majestic plant was.  My Husband told her it was corn.  She almost fell over.  She thought that corn grew below ground, smiling. 

It is pretty shocking to people that don't know how plants grow, like peanuts beneath the soil, and potatoes beneath the soil, onions half way covered, beets half way to non-covered, pretty weird stuff.  Beautiful day in this great life we all live, love and share.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline cundald

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2009, 11:55:44 pm »
Remember back in the 60's when my Uncle married "that city girl" and brought her home to meet the family.  She wanted to see the Peanut Trees. When she was told they were legumes and grown under ground she thought we were just trying to pull a joke on her and got mad.  When she was shown a peanut plant with the peanuts still attached she still thought it was a trick.  Finally, after she was taken into the field to pull some up herself did she accept it.  She never ate another peanut or knowingly another peanut product.  She came from a family that thought only livestock ate corn and root crops.

The marriage didn't last long.  
Wonder if they know where taters come from?  :?

Would she stop using sugar if she know it came from sugar beets.

How about radish, onion, garlic, ginger and carrots.

Food would be pretty bland with out root plants.

cundald
The first step in the acquisition of wisdom is silence, the second listening, the third memory, the fourth practice, the fifth teaching others.
Solomon Ibn Gabriol