Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New member & potentially new keeper from Central Valley CA  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Fosstugz

• Brood
New member & potentially new keeper from Central Valley CA
« on: July 02, 2013, 08:08:10 pm »
Good day All,

Just recently became interested in urban backyard keeping.  Still trying to convince the Mrs.  All she can see in her mind are our 2 yr old and 8 mo old covered in stings from playing in the backyard.  I'm super excited to give this hobby a go, just working slowly on her for the go-ahead.  Any thoughts you all have on this matter is greatly appreciated...... :-D

I haven't had a chance yet to browse the topics yet, but, I'm sure I'll have all of my questions answered on here after I give it some time.  Interested in places to buy things on-line.

Thank you and long live the BEE'S!

Tim

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
Re: New member & potentially new keeper from Central Valley CA
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 12:34:10 am »
Welcome to the forum, Fosstugz.  Some have their bees close, other are a little farther from home.  I started out with mine about  15 to 20 yards west of our house.  They have been there for a few years, but am in the process of moving them about 100 yards away.  Grand kids haven't got stung but wife has been wanting the bees a little farther away.  Once in a while the bees will get a little pissy, but it is always me they sting, not very often.  Beek is addictive, good luck

Joe

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: New member & potentially new keeper from Central Valley CA
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 02:52:11 pm »
I got my oldest stung when he was 2.  After that it was impossible to keep his head out of an open hive.  Welcome to the forum.