Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Awesome weekend at Bud 5  (Read 5121 times)

Offline PLAN-B

• House Bee
  • When all else fails go to PLAN-BEE
Re: Awesome weekend at Bud 5
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2013, 01:47:10 pm »
My wife and I had a great time meeting all y'all... Can't wait till next year when I might have a few bee stories of my own to tell... :-D would like to personally thank the ones whom kept us fed with terrific food--- Schawee and Bailey and would also like to say thanks to Bud for making us feel like we were at home... Great time !!!
Marshall

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2013, 02:30:07 pm »
To Ken and all:

I kept trying to figure out a way to get to Bud5, between our manpower at work being short and with NO over-time allowed, no one could get any time off. My surgery has been delayed into June, that wasn't an issue as much as my poor wife's health issues - in the last year she has gone down to 30% of lung capacity and is COPD along with stage 4 renal failure, I'm always afraid to leave here alone - although I don't doubt she's getting tired of seeing me - lol.

My shoulder has the Doctor a bit preplexed, I literally just came back an hour ago from his office where I started knee injections of Efflexa (a lubricant that stays in place about 6 months giving great releif to wornout knees) and he tested my arm strength again and I show good strength concidering the main shoulder muscle is severed, so he is leaning that it might be neurological, likely a spawn from the Lymes disease that nearly killed me as it attacked my brain, spinal coed and turned into mastoiditis a skull infection that needed 3 months of daily antibiotic injections to defeat. Although I am lacking strength and motor control in my torn arm, he is debating how much good the surgery itself may do. I'll keep you all informed as I learn more. But if he thinks rotator cuff repair which is a long recovery procedure won't make much difference in my arm, then obviously I won't be having the surgery and have to live with limited use of my predominate arm - ugh.

Glad such a good turn out at Bud5 and it's a shame Sunday especially didn't cooperate at all, but it sounds like another great Bud event! I bet the restaurant didn't see that gang coming, and surprised they didn't have someone run to the supermarket to restock, but I'll bet they marked their calendar, it might be their version of Black Friday - heehee.

To all who made it, or tried to - thanks for making our annual event another hit, I sure hope next year to be there with all of you as we also celebrate our 10th year as a forum together!!!

NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline bud1

• Heavenlyl Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2013, 08:26:00 pm »
shore missed you boss and give miss tracy a hug for me
to bee or not to bee

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2013, 08:38:56 pm »
Was looking forward to going but being forced to a no pay vacation week and then losing another week of work this week due to cancellations the money spent at home is more important. :( Was able to do a removal and catch a swarm this weekend even tho I was thinking about you guys. Next year I will put some extra money in the kiddy to get there. Glad you all had fun!  :)
Blanc
Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2013, 09:28:45 pm »
I had a ball.  Thanks to bud!!!!! 
Was wonderful seeing all the old folks and i sure enjoyed meeting all the new people as well.
Too long in between and too short while we're there.
Felt like a family reunion with family that I get along with. 

Thanks to all that came and made it as good as it was.
Bailey.
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

anything