Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Finskie  (Read 13544 times)

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
Re: Finskie
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2014, 12:44:51 am »
edward, that was very creative!!   :-D

I agreed with most of finskys beekeeping methods, as they are the norm of how we also keep bees in Sweden.

Back to how to beehave or not on a forum  :police:

Even I have trowed the occasional stone

I like a good argument, even more being proved wrong and Learning something new and new ways to see things.

But when it turns into a great big pile of manure and when there is only fecal mater flying through the air it beecome a bit unpleasant and every one gets drawn in :drowning:  and covered in it  :-X

Momentarily some one is king of the pile of _ _ _ _. the last one to get in a punsch until the next barage.

The bigger or stronger person is the one that doesn't retaliate and rudely sling insults at others.

The welcome mesage all new members have to read

"Welcome to our beekeeping forum,  we hope you enjoy it.  In order to keep these forums family-friendly and an enjoyable place, we have a few simple rules we ask you to follow."

mvh Edward  :-P

Offline tjc1

• Field Bee
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2014, 02:29:30 pm »
Well  and wisely (and humorously!) said, Edward!

Offline JackM

• Field Bee
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2014, 11:01:26 am »
Pretty easy to keep banging on someone who can't argue back

Rise above it folks
Jack of all trades
Master of none.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2014, 11:08:20 am »
something to remember about being on the bottom of the pile of _ _ _ _.   It's warm down there.  in the middle of winter, i thought that might be a comforting thought  :evil:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Hemlock

• Field Bee
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2014, 07:51:06 pm »
finski seemed grumpy because he was tough minded and didn't suffer fools.  I had conversations with him both public and private.  He was/is endlessly helpful and treated other peoples bees as seriously as he treated his own.   He just may not have taken some beekeepers seriously...as they took themselves.

It is a determent to this forum that he in no longer present. 
Make Mead!

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2014, 05:11:15 am »

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2014, 10:37:01 am »
I think it speaks for itself........ a several page post about finsky :) Sure he is  :lau:
John 3:16

Offline phrasmotic

• New Bee
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2014, 10:36:28 am »
I haven't been on this site in several months either.  I was looking forward to catching up on Finski-isms!  Hope he's OK...  :-\

Offline jdesq

• House Bee
« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2014, 12:09:13 pm »
As someone who has kept bees for over 10 years and admits that the more I know about bees the less I think I know about bees, I miss Finskie's posts. He may be an ornery old cuss but he has plenty of bee knowledge. I much rather take the advice of someone with 25+ years of experience than a expert that has 1 or 2 seasons under their belt.

Offline hvac professor

• House Bee
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2014, 05:26:01 pm »
I was hoping by now that a member would know finsky and could get information on how to make contact with him. Possibly time will tell, meanwhile there were many beers fond of him

Offline jayj200

• Queen Bee
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2014, 06:44:34 pm »
If WE LIKE HIM SO MUCH
COMPLAIN TO THOSE WHO RUN THE SHOW.
THIS IS FOR THE PEOPLE AINT IT?
MAYBE WE COULD FORCE AN editor to keep it cool?! for our sakes.

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2014, 07:46:53 am »
FINSKI was banned because someone likely complained about him.  Find out 'who' the complainer (s) were and convince them to appeal to the MODS for a review and possible return of the Fin…….'if' that is the overall desire of the membership…….a NEW POLL is in order perhaps…….  

The banning was nearly a month ago……perhaps FINSKI finally said something to someone that got him a 'lifetime' banishment…..he 'was' or could be one of the most offensive people around, seemed to enjoy calling people and their methods stupid and such, particularly Americans….…..but his knowledge and his willingness to share was important……

……..Maybe all he 'needed' was a good talking to instead of banishment.  :-\  Is it still possible to PM someone when they are banned?   Wondering………..?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 08:08:14 am by T Beek »
"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."

Moots

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2014, 08:34:35 am »

……..Maybe all he 'needed' was a good talking to instead of banishment.  :-\ ...

I know nothing of the details of Finskie's banishment or the events, topic, or threads surrounding it.  That being said, from what I've witnessed in general as to how this forum is moderated, I find it hard to believe that Finskie was banned without being given fair warning and ample opportunity to adjust whatever behavior was causing the problem.

What we all thought about Finskie, good or bad,  is really irrelevant.  At the end of the day, the fact is we're all guest here is someone else's sandbox and you either play by their rules, or you'll be asked to pick up your marbles and go home.

Personally, I have no problem with that!  :-D

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2014, 09:28:26 am »
As I recall, FINSKI received warnings frequently (as did many of those those who would engage or challenge him  ;)  and over the last few years he experienced more than one banishment I think.  (I feel it is right 8-) that the MODS have kinda stayed out of this conversation X:X and allowed members to express themselves about a banished member, despite my personal belief that the discussion of other people is generally obtuse and mostly mis-guided).  

IMHO; it takes someone to complain to the MODS or sometimes the MODS will recognize 'certain adversarial patterns' before getting a complaint….but a complaint (or many) of some form is a likely requirement before banishment……..and simply 'complaining within a thread posting' seldom does any good to curb aggressive (tough guy) behavior, thus making banishment a useful tool to lesson combative behavior between members, some of whom will often choose specific targets they 'feel' deserving of their wrath (yeah, it goes on here  :().  

Unfortunately there will always be some folks who speak offensively toward or  about others at every opportunity AND get away with it (call it the 'friends and lovers syndrome' (FLS) MODS must contend with).  

I 'believe' FINSKI has a GREAT mind, just some bad manners which quite often resulted in poor teaching.  Personally, I often called him out on it and know he hated it :-D.  I think we both enjoyed certain aspects of our banters.

The FINSKI mind was always willing to 'engage in the exchange of ideas' (my own favorite place to reside) which IMO was his best contribution to the BM (his jokes were pretty good too)….but of course, his way was 'always' the only way…….. :laugh:

So BeeMaster Members;………….after three pages of some excellent discussion, should we have a vote/POLL calling for FINSKIS return……... or continuation of his banishment?

Love ya Brother FINSKI where ever you are……. :-*   (takes all kinds to make the world go round  8-)
"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2014, 09:34:47 am »
I vote we let the mods handle it. Finski has been around long enough that he wasn't just banned and forgotten. I'm sure the mods are working behind the scenes and trying to come up with the best decision. It has worked well for 10 years, and I'm sure they will make it work as "best for all concerned" this time.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2014, 10:03:09 am »
MAYBE WE COULD FORCE AN editor to keep it cool?! for our sakes.

Could it be that just what they've done and are doing?

mvh Edward  :-P

Offline RC

• House Bee
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2014, 10:05:54 am »
I vote we let the mods handle it. Finski has been around long enough that he wasn't just banned and forgotten. I'm sure the mods are working behind the scenes and trying to come up with the best decision. It has worked well for 10 years, and I'm sure they will make it work as "best for all concerned" this time.

Well said, Iddee. This pile has been stirred enough.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2014, 10:28:47 am »
 :deadhorse:                                                 :deadhorse:                                                :deadhorse:                                                                                                        :deadhorse:                                                   :deadhorse:                                                                                                                                                        
:deadhorse:                                                                                                                        :deadhorse:                                                                                                        :deadhorse:
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2014, 10:39:21 am »
That's kinda what it looked like in the snow in front of my hives yesterday Gary you have real artistic talent.  I thought the icon placement was spot on!
:deadhorse:                                                 :deadhorse:                                                :deadhorse:                                                                                                        :deadhorse:                                                   :deadhorse:                                                                                                                                                        
:deadhorse:                                                                                                                        :deadhorse:                                                                                                        :deadhorse:

Offline phrasmotic

• New Bee
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2014, 11:14:26 am »
It just hit me - what the world needs is a Finski reality TV show! 
The beekeeping version of Duck Dynasty.  Who wouldn't enjoy watching an obnoxious but lovable crab educating the world about beekeeping while offending everyone he meets?  I'd watch!    :laugh: