Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New beekeeper in Central Mississippi  (Read 2091 times)

Offline berrybees

• Brood
New beekeeper in Central Mississippi
« on: April 09, 2009, 03:46:21 pm »
Hey y'all....My Dad and I are new beekeepers in Crystal Springs, MS....we've taken a local bee workshop class, purchased 3 Nucs, and 3 established hives all in the last few months, but are still very much "newbies."  We are learning LOTS, and thoroughly enjoying the whole experience.  We've got a ton more to learn and we look forward to any advice you can give us through this forum.

As a FYI, I saw another thread were everyone was discussing the meaning behind their login names, and since this is my first post, I thought I would share my explanation here.  I chose the name "berrybees" because my Dad retired last year and has started a small berry farm (blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, etc).  Late last year, I suggested we check out raising bees for the pollination of these berries, and now, I think we are more interested in the bees than the berries....anyway, that is my story behind the name.

Thanks for the opportunity to share in this forum and I look forward to learning more about these marvelous little creatures!

Shannon

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: New beekeeper in Central Mississippi
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 11:56:01 pm »
Hello and Welcome Shannon
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask
Johnny 

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 12:08:43 am »
Shannon, welcome to our forum, so great that you have found us, I do so like your avitar, berrybees, beautiful, conjures up some wonderful things.  So nice that you and your Dad are working the bees, that is a great Father/Daughter thing to do.  This can be a place where you can spend some wonderful time.  A place that you can ask all the questions that you need to get great answers, a place to tell your stories, tales and experiences, of which you will have many.  It will also be a place where you can meet many new friends, we love new members.  Stick around, you will enjoy every minute of your visit to our forum, guaranteed.  Have that most wonderful and most beautiful day, health, and life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 11:15:34 am »
Welcome to the forum. If you would like to meet up with some members and get some hands on experience we are going to buds house in macon ms. in about two weeks. Check the southeastern beemaster gathering post.

Offline patook

• House Bee
    • Brother Bee Apiary
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 05:52:32 pm »
Welcome to the forum, there is a great bunch of beek's here so don't be afraid to ask questions.

anything