Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 2012 Muzzleloader-Bowhunt In Northeast, Louisiana  (Read 4259 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
2012 Muzzleloader-Bowhunt In Northeast, Louisiana
« on: January 18, 2012, 10:48:42 am »
Myself and two good friends made an extended hunt this past weekend. We started off with the muzzleloaders and cold weather. My buddy chris took a fine 6 pt Sat morning. That evening Todd and I went back in for the last muzzleloader hunt of the year and while on foot encountered another one of those bears. It was kinda funny, when we saw the bear Todd immediately mentioned that he was hunting over there, to the right, away from the now running bear which was to our left. I got a big kick out of that and we had a good laugh about it later.

Sunday & monday we hunted with our bows and even though everyone saw deer, we weren't able to release an arrow. Todd was very close to taking one twice.

Just a bunch of guys out in the woods enjoying God's green earth. Had a great time & will be back up there the last week of this month, can't wait!

...JP

2012 Muzzleloader-Bow Hunt In Northeast, Louisiana - Medium.m4v
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
Re: 2012 Muzzleloader-Bowhunt In Northeast, Louisiana
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 09:31:46 pm »
Great job on the video edit. To bad that you all did not connect with one but that's why they call it hunting, huh ?

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: 2012 Muzzleloader-Bowhunt In Northeast, Louisiana
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 11:07:50 pm »
This was our third trip up. First trip, my buddy Todd took a 136 lb doe with the rifle. I could have taken a small deer legally but decided to pass on the two little ones that I had the chance to take.

Here is Todd with his 136 lb doe

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Next trip was the Muzzleloader hunt where I saw the two big black bears and took a 120 lb doe

Last trip was the Muzzleloader/Bow hunt where my buddy Chris took his 140 lb 6pt

So all in all I'd say we've had some very good hunts and have been successful. Last trip Todd had a few different opportunities to take deer but couldn't quite close the deal. Chris had deer late evening underneath him and early morning and of course fortunate enough to take his 6 pter.

We're going back for the last deer hunt of the yr, bow only. Weather should be good.

...JP

My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com