Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: TRIPLETS - a thinking game  (Read 3207 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
TRIPLETS - a thinking game
« on: March 01, 2006, 04:43:56 pm »
Here is a link to a game called TRIPLETS... There is a link also to the main page of this THINKING GAME WEBSITE, but this game is unique.

MOST GAMES you try to complete a direct goal - as in get here to there, move this to that, get the most pieces on a grid, etc.. But in TRIPLETS, your goal is interesting different, you need to FORCE your opponent to SET YOU UP to get 3 playing pieces in a row, vertical, diagonal or horizontal.

You each have the same colored pieces and place them one at a time on a grid, alternating turns. QUICKLY you start finding out that the number of places you have to put your pieces run out, setting your opponent (the computer) up to win.

Any three pieces in a straight line win, so you need to make sure you are NOT placing two in row (either next to each other or with a space between them) for the computer to complete by filling in the THIRD space.

It is a VERY addictive game, sort of the opposite of many other games. I once saw a similar game played on BIG BROTHER the reality show, they were using people not playing pieces, but it was the same game.

You can change the size of the play grid, but no matter what, it will be hard to find places to place your pieces without setting up the computer to win. This is a GREAT GAME for kids to play using checkers or even stones on a grid drawn in the sand.

It's like "GO" in one way, it is a simple game that could take a life time to master. Thinking ahead in this game (even 2 moves ahead) can be nearly impossible, yet achievable with practice. I rate this a 5 out of 5 in a world where COMPLEX is the norm.

Give this a try if you are into thinking games - it's a winner!

http://www.mazeworks.com/triplets/index.htm

P.S.  When playing, try letting the computer go first too - I think being second may have GREAT advantages here since AREA is so confined.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

anything