Welcome, Guest

Poll

How many bots would you like on each team?

Author Topic: Enemy Territory - Here's what you need to know, IT'S FREE!!!!!!!  (Read 38820 times)

Offline bmad12

• New Bee
Hello everyone.  I know a lot of people here like a good online game.  So I'd like to let everyone know of a game that has been building up after hours here.  Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.  It's a totally FREE game, and a totally multiplayer game too.  It's not a hard game to learn, and if you download VENTRILLO(The Voice Chat Software available on this forum, which is also FREE!) you can keep up with all your team mates in-game, and it makes the learning process a lot more fun and easier.  So if you're up for a good time with friends, download the software and come join us.

www.enemyterritory.com ---> go here to download Enemy Territory, you'll need the base install and the most recent patch (go to www.enemyterritory.com, *hit* ENTER SITE, *hit* DOWNLOAD, *hit* WOLFENSTIEN: ENEMY TERRITORY, Download Base patch and patch.

Install the base program first, once that is complete, install the patch.  In the game go to the "play online" button.  Then at the bottom of the screen hit the "connect to IP" Button and use the following address to connect to the game play server:

If you have any questions or need any help please leave me a PM or just respond here.
And make sure you get VENTRILLO!!!!!!!!!! It's a must have!!!!!

Hope to see you all in the game!

Ben

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
Re: Enemy Territory - Here's what you need to know, IT'S FREE!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 09:29:45 am »
This is a really nice game, and one of the few FPS games that works nicely in linux and mac too :-)  It is based on the engine used in Return to castle Wolfenstein (made by Id software and John Carmack for those who know him).

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 11:59:51 am »
We have been playing this with our online Ventrilo Group a few nights now and it is keeping us up to 2am - my time. The balling is intense but the THINKING you need to do; place then set bombs to blow hidden doors, try to trap enemy in a drop out floor, equip a commuication center, play different roles to accomplish different mission types and on and on.

Great game, totally free, thousands of players on line and a great bunch here from the forum are now a Band of Brothers - well, at least in Cyber-gaming  :-D
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 12:01:59 pm »
We have been playing this with our online Ventrilo Group a few nights now and it is keeping us up to 2am - my time. The balling is intense but the THINKING you need to do; place then set bombs to blow hidden doors, try to trap enemy in a drop out floor, equip a commuication center, play different roles to accomplish different mission types and on and on.

Great game, totally free, thousands of players on line and a great bunch here from the forum are now a Band of Brothers - well, at least in Cyber-gaming  :-D

Two o clock for u lucky i only get 12:30. this is a great game.
MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson

Offline bmad12

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 04:24:23 pm »
Ok, here's an update.  The server is now in a Three map rotation.  I've added AI(Artificial Intelligence) players.  They're set to an easy-medium skill level so they're easy to train with.  Good luck, and have fun.

ET Server ip: 71.228.68.4

Ben

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 05:12:51 pm »
Ok, here's an update.  The server is now in a Three map rotation.  I've added AI(Artificial Intelligence) players.  They're set to an easy-medium skill level so they're easy to train with.  Good luck, and have fun.

ET Server ip: 71.228.68.4

Ben

easy and medium, i couldn't move 10ft. w/out being turned into swiss cheese.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 06:40:54 pm »
I'm with Josh, their aim is pretty accurate and they are vicious - but we'll learn. If SMART and AGRESSIVE are tied together, leave them alone - if you can adjust the agressiveness a tad down, that would be great.

Remember, we're learning and it took me 6 tries to get to the secret back door without getting killed. We'll get better Josh, just glad we refrag - lol.

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline bmad12

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 08:33:55 pm »
No problem.  I figured out how to lower the dificulty level so they should be more manageable now.  I tested it out and they were pretty even.

Offline bmad12

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 10:31:03 pm »
Ok, I'm throwing a few new maps into the mix to try to mix things up and cycle a good change of sceanery.  In order for you to get this in any kind of timely manor you'll need to download it and install the maps manually.  Here is the link and instructions on how to get everything up and running:

http://enemy-territory.4players.de:1041/request.php?345

Download the file into your "c:\program files\wolfenstein: Enemy Territory\etmain" folder.  The path name may not be exact, but it will be close, any problems and you can PM me or instant message me on any of the messengers that I have listed here.  After downloading the file, unzip it into that directory.  Make sure all the .pak files make it to the etmain directory.  Once that is done, then you're all set to play. 

As an alternative, you can try downloading it directly from the game, but be warned it will be a hour+ download.  Thanks for playing, you can get me on ventrillo most night to if you have any questions.  Thanks!

Ben

Offline bmad12

• New Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 02:22:15 pm »
The maps are not in a rotation as of right now, they're set to single map objective.  There is a long list of available maps in game though.  If you are playing and get board, you can vote to change maps to a new one.  To vote you need to be in game, this means you CANNOT be a spectator.  So Join a team and start a vote.  First in-game, hit "ESC", that will bring you to the MAIN menu.  Once there you will see a VOTE button, hit it.  Now you are in the VOTE menu, from there hit the MAP button.  Now you are looking at the list of available maps.  Choose one and hit ok.  To all the others in the game, VOTE will be called, if you want to go to the map suggested hit the F1 key for yes, if no, then F2.  A vote needs only 25% yes to pass, once more people start playing, then it will be raised to 50% that way you'll have more of a say.

Again, thanks for coming out and playing, it's fun, and will be more fun when more people join in.  Don't forget ventrillo, it makes the experience so much more enjoyable.  And even if you don't play on playing ET(Enemy Territory), get ventrillo anyways.  It a great experience to be able to converse with your fellow beekeeper and not have to wait for a response via e-mail or posting. (that doesn't mean quit posting though!)

Ben

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 07:42:27 pm »
I have tried to load this game 2 times, I am on DSL am it still takes about 6 hours for me to load, dont know why but it does, tonight i am going to let it load over night so I will let yaw know what I think of it!!!!!!!
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline bmad12

• New Bee
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 09:56:44 pm »
I have tried to load this game 2 times, I am on DSL am it still takes about 6 hours for me to load, dont know why but it does, tonight i am going to let it load over night so I will let yaw know what I think of it!!!!!!!

Now by load do you mean download?  Are you trying to get the game, or have you installed the game already and when you try to connect to the server you have the problem?

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 11:19:44 pm »
I'm off ALL DAY SUNDAY - finally getting a evening off, hope all the players come in and play. Looking forward to trying the voting and hopping around different maps.

I'm feeling pretty good at getting around the ones we have been playing (minus that night time hilly city) but getting to know your way around is soooo important, it is a great way to stretch your mind and playing all the different characters really make game play thought provoking.

I think Ememy Territory is as good or better than any commercial released game I've played before - and being free, multiplayer and interacting through voice chat REALLY makes team play a blast!

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2007, 03:06:42 pm »
I think i would be lost in this game w/out the ventrilo. It's a lot easier to press a button and talk then to have to type.

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 11:16:27 am »
Way cool game!!!  Too many bots though.  Havent met any beemaster forum members yet either.  We should come up with a special tag for our screen name in the game so we know who's from the forum.  I go by Redneck in online games, so maybe something like [BEE] Redneck or something.  Just a thought.  :-)
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 05:46:37 pm »
sean, put up sometime when u might be on and i will try to get some of the guys on too. I go by my name josh, you have a good idea with [BEE]josh or beemaster or 007 and so on.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 12:21:55 am »
Sean:

You really need to get into Ventrilo Chat and talk with us - weekdays from around 4pm EST to 11pm EST is our gathering and gaming time and on and off all day and evening on weekends - we coordinate teams, break off into separate rooms to talk strategy during game play. Here is the Ventrilo link http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php?topic=5880.0

I like your Idea on IDing player from AI and other Guests - we should all agree adding a "B" before or "+B"  after our names to identify the group - good idea :)

Please given VOICE CHAT a try - it makes all the difference playing this game team-play.

Offline Sean Kelly

• Field Bee
  • I Pick; Therefore I Grin
    • Sean's Facebook Page
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2007, 01:35:48 am »
I'll check out that Ventrilo deal.  Sounds fun.  I'll probably need to pick up a headset.  My mic on this computer kinda sucks.
I saw another live player on there today and asked him if he was from the beemaster forum.  He had no idea what I was talking about.  So yeah, identifying us from the "outside" would be great.  I used to belong to a Quake II group a long time ago called the Redrum Quakers.  So our ID was [RQ2] followed by our name.  I think we should go old school and do the same [BEE] Redneck.  :-)  I've already changed my name to that.  :-)

I drive tanker truck on week nights and weekends except Mondays and Tuesdays.  I'll try and get on those days.  It's tough trying to find time to play when you've got a 18month old pulling on your leg to go play with blocks.

As for AI, is there a way in this game to have it set up where teams are evened out by bots and that's it?  In Quake III you can set it to play against bots when no one else is on, but when another player joins, the bots dissapear.  That would be great to know when we're playing live people and not just bots.  :-)

Just a few thoughts there.  :-)  I think I'll sign online now!

Oh buzzbeejr, Yeah, let's schedule something.  Having scheduled matches are always a hit!

Sean Kelly
"My son,  eat  thou honey,  because it is good;  and the honeycomb,  which is sweet  to thy taste"          - Proverbs 24:13

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
  • Little honey bee in flight
    • Photo Album
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 11:51:53 pm »
when i get ventrillo up ill dl and ill own you all
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2007, 10:41:22 am »
cody, you don't stand a chance against ben aka bmad12. The mans a killing machine!