Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Gross Earwigs Infestation  (Read 3240 times)

Offline wbanks

• New Bee
Gross Earwigs Infestation
« on: July 15, 2006, 03:34:53 pm »
Howdy all,

I have a few hives that seem to be having a problem with earwigs in the outer and inner covers...can't tell if they are disturbing the bees but they skeezing me out and was hoping someone here might have a remedy the rid them out of an active hive!

Will

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 04:33:41 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earwig

Nasty ugly little buggers. They get in your ear and crawl up and wrap around your ceberal cortex. (just kidding)

Unless you have a serious infestation problem I would not worry about them. I am pretty sure the bees are capable of dealing with them.

Now go and sleep easy tonight just disregard the fact that they are probably nesting in your ear at night.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Kris^

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 06:41:41 pm »
I did have an earwig go in my ear a couple years ago when I was camping out.  Woke about 2 am banging on my head to get it out.  Whenever I put my finger in, it went deeper.  I just had to hold still and let it crawl out on its own.  VERY CREEPY!!!

-- Kris

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 09:09:41 pm »
Have you ever noticed that Earwigs look like warrior ants?
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline wbanks

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 11:29:02 pm »
Oooh You guys are bad,

Felt the little buggers crawling up my back as I was reading the posts, ran screaming like a girl to my wife who assured me that earwigs were not interested in me or my ears...blah!
 he he he!

Will

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 12:42:17 am »
Quote from: wbanks
Oooh You guys are bad,

Felt the little buggers crawling up my back as I was reading the posts, ran screaming like a girl to my wife who assured me that earwigs were not interested in me or my ears...blah!
 he he he!

Will

aw don't let them get to you, I have never had a ear wig in my hives, when I lift the tops the only thing I have ever seen was dead bumble bee's spiders, and roaches, but only one or two of each at a time, just get them out the best you can and don't worry about them, the bee's will take care of them selves with that.......
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic