Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Labels have been a freaking nightmare  (Read 2763 times)

Offline slacker361

• Field Bee
    • Thank You Honey
Labels have been a freaking nightmare
« on: July 28, 2011, 05:29:55 pm »
Trying to design labels, and have had some success. except for the printing.... one time the print lines up next it jumps, for no reason.... this is a serious pain in the rectum

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
Re: Labels have been a freaking nightmare
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 06:17:01 pm »
Two words, Amy's Labels
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 06:24:35 pm »
i just order the genric with my info on it from one of the bee supply places.  doesn't cost much and i don't have to mess with it.  i think the last ones came from Mann Lake, but it might have been betterbee.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 06:31:39 pm »
I use the print your own preprinted labels from Brushy.   Wife does the set up and all the printing.  I have never had a problem with them.

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 08:22:57 pm »
Avery has a template on line.
John 3:16

Offline Dave360

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 09:57:20 pm »
got labels from planet label .com  only place with size that fits my 12 oz bears  and used a program called label factory works great on my epson photo inkjet at home but does walk on laser at office

Dave

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 12:22:48 am »
I use onlinelabels.com and never have a problem

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 08:46:03 am »
Two words, Amy's Labels

I'll 2nd Amys.   After years of avery I'd had enough.  They were a pain but did look good until they got wet.   Amys come in water proof peel and stick full sheets. She customized them for me for a initial setup fee. 

Offline rgy

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 11:15:15 am »
Danno, could you post a copy of your label?  Are you including all the new verbage from the michigan cottage food law?  "processed in a facility not inspected by the michigan department of agriculture and rural development".  Or do you have an inspected facility?

from what I find the cottage food law now oversees honey and maple syrup and has realy screwed up the ease of making a label.

thanks

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 11:35:28 am »
Can someone that uses Amyslabels post a pic of what they got? All I ever found was a simple label with one lone honeybee buzzing around.

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 12:33:25 pm »
Danno, could you post a copy of your label?  Are you including all the new verbage from the michigan cottage food law?  "processed in a facility not inspected by the michigan department of agriculture and rural development".  Or do you have an inspected facility?

from what I find the cottage food law now oversees honey and maple syrup and has realy screwed up the ease of making a label.

thanks
I have a lic honey house so dont need the special labeling.   What I did for my label was take a photo of the Ludington Light house from about halfway down the breakwall.  If you have ever been here you know that the lighthouse is a icon of this tourist trap.  I named my company Ludington Honey Company and across the sky over the lighthouse I had Amy write Pure Ludington Honey. 

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 01:06:09 pm »
I've got her brochure as well as the 2 types of labels I use.  One is for all of the standard honey and pollen in various weights and sizes.  The other is a "boutique" label that I sell my chunk with in a nice hex jar.  All custom, but I can't upload them to photobucket and I can't figure out how to load them here (jpg's).  Amy is great to deal with.  I make sure to hit her during the winter when things are slow and I'm in no hurry. 

Drop me a PM and I'll sent them over.
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2011, 01:38:50 pm »
I've got her brochure as well as the 2 types of labels I use.  One is for all of the standard honey and pollen in various weights and sizes.  The other is a "boutique" label that I sell my chunk with in a nice hex jar.  All custom, but I can't upload them to photobucket and I can't figure out how to load them here (jpg's).  Amy is great to deal with.  I make sure to hit her during the winter when things are slow and I'm in no hurry. 

Drop me a PM and I'll sent them over.
I had the same problem trying to post my labels.  I get 3 sizes from Amy.  First is a small 12oz for bears.   2nd is a large 1# for invert bottles and the 3rd is  round with no weight printed on it.  I use them for 3#s, 5#s, Buckets and cut combs.  I just write in the correct weight.  If anyone would like to see them message me your email address.