Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: First Timer  (Read 1717 times)

Offline MustbeeNuts

• Field Bee
    • Great White Betta
First Timer
« on: March 22, 2008, 03:48:11 pm »
HI, well im in central Michigan, I am starting bee keeping this year. I already have the hives on order and bee packages , on there way. I found a local bee keeper to help and mentor me along the way. I do have a hundred questions tho. LOL but first I'll look and see what is already here for the searcher. My bees are Italian wide banded variety.
Each new day brings decisions,  these are  new branches on the tree of life.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: First Timer
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 06:02:56 pm »
Hey first timer, if you're nuts, then well, we all are. Welcome to our special place, beemaster.com, where we talk about bees, other things that have nothing to do with bees, we're a well rounded forum, gotta have balance you know. You will have a blast here, learn a lot, and make new friends along the way. We even have a section where you can post pics of yourself after you or your significant other has been stung! Yeah, how about that? Now I am doing my best to give you that warm welcome, but I am just a messenger. Just wait to you get "the greeting of a lifetime". It will come soon, as soon as she gets back from vegas, or earlier, yeah, you'll get it sooner than that. She checked in with us earlier. Well, she's Cindi, and you will hear from her I promise, so be ready, she's the welcoming committe president, she will give you the beemaster welcome! So, hope you're ready. Welcome again, to the forums.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: First Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 11:24:41 am »
MustBeNuts. a Welcome to our forums, JP already told you that you would get a warm welcome and here it comes.  Yes, I am still on a wonderful and short vacation, but now and then get a moment to get online.  You have told us a little bit about yourself, when you have some time, tell us more, we love to hear about the experiences of new beekeepers, ones that are beginning to keep bees, and ones that are just thinking about it.  Once you really get into the bees, you will find in a very short time that you are under that spell, that spell of the honeybee, you will be held captive and you will become a bee addict.

Welcome, enjoy your stay with us, it is a great place to ask all your questions, they will all get great answers, and never consider that any question is dumb.  We were all in that learning process once upon a time.  Enjoy your stay, looking forward to hearing of your experiences, ask your questions, tell us about you too, as I said before.  Have a most beautiful and wonderful day, love this life we live.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service