Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Its cold out, watch those heaters  (Read 5504 times)

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Re: Its cold out, watch those heaters
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 07:05:27 pm »
Yeah, that sure caused a big sensation with all the animal lovers around here.  But as Forest Gump says, "sh** happens."
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 08:43:18 pm »
Those poor horses!  Years ago there was a terrible stable fire here in Hanson where, I believe, 29 horses perished.  People heard the horses screaming but couldn't go in to get them, the flames were so bad  :'( The farm is a sad place now, it seems the fire literally sucked the life out of the house, after the fire you just never saw anyone there anymore (it was a racetrack training facility beforehand), and no one lives in the house anymore. 

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 11:27:07 am »
Horse meat taste good :evil: :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Shawn

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 02:13:57 pm »
Yuch!! :-X

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 08:22:23 pm »
That was just terrible!

Reminds me of this little girl that tried to save this one little lamb, you see she awoke one morning and could hear other lambs screaming in the early morning air as they were being butchered, she ran away from this farm you see, where she in fact was a boarder, with the lamb in her arms, it was snowing out and very cold, the little girl didn't make it very far before the cops caught up to her and took her lamb away.

What ever happened to the lamb, well it was butchered you see and the little girl to this day can still hear the innocent lambs screaming in the early morning air.

Will she ever silence the lambs in her dreams?

...JP

My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 08:40:45 pm »
That was just terrible!

Reminds me of this little girl that tried to save this one little lamb, you see she awoke one morning and could hear other lambs screaming in the early morning air as they were being butchered, she ran away from this farm you see, where she in fact was a boarder, with the lamb in her arms, it was snowing out and very cold, the little girl didn't make it very far before the cops caught up to her and took her lamb away.

What ever happened to the lamb, well it was butchered you see and the little girl to this day can still hear the innocent lambs screaming in the early morning air.

Will she ever silence the lambs in her dreams?

...JP

Guess I'll have to ask Hannabil Lector for the answer.  LOL
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 11:51:37 pm »
JP, great reminder, that was one of the most compelling and spellbinding shows I have ever seen!!!  Loved it!!!  Have that most great, awesome day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 10:57:48 am »
When I was a kid a horse broke it's leg so my great uncle shot it no money for vet. And time's were hard so he butchered it nothing went to waste on the farm!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 11:46:35 am »
Irwin, describe the experience, I wanna hear it.  Well actually, all I really wanna hear is what was the meat like?  I have heard horse is not too bad, and if it was a young one, all the better!!!  I would have not a single qualm about eating a horse of mine, if the leg had been broken and the horse had to be put down, lots of food happening there.  Have a great, most wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 11:56:52 am »
Cindi very lean red meat it has a rainbow color to it when the light hit's it. It taste a little sweet but you can get tired of it fast when it's all you have to eat for meat. It's not bad when you can it and make a sandwitch spread.

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2008, 12:04:56 pm »
I like my horse meat with fava beans and a nice chianti

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 01:14:05 pm »
HMMM, I shoulda saved the $250 backhoe rental when Haley went.. :evil: She was 35 & an onery old bat, the meat probably woulda made us sick! The thought of a barn fire & trapped animals terrifies me. How awful for those poor horses & the owners, how helpless & guilty they must feel. Just me but I won't have a barn, stalls that don't open to the outside providing 2 exits & unless an animal needs confining due to health problems I won't lock em up either. They are smart enough to come out of the cold/rain if they need to.  Haley never used her stall except to eat till the last few years of her life.  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 05:31:35 pm »
I like Larry the Cable Guy's horse treatment.  He says that he was told if the horse got really sick to shoot it, and if it doesn't get better my next week, he'll shoot it again.

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2008, 09:18:15 am »
Brian
Larrys line was " My sisters horse broke its leg so I shot it.   Now its got a broke leg and a gun shot wound"

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2008, 08:41:47 pm »
He tells the story both ways, he's a comedian afterall, depends on the audiance and anything for a laugh.