Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi from Sunny NH at least till jack frost pays a visit  (Read 2487 times)

Offline nhbloke

• New Bee
Hi from Sunny NH at least till jack frost pays a visit
« on: September 10, 2006, 05:49:11 pm »
Hi
I am a first year BK with one hive hopefully it will still be with me next year, it is a 8 frame all med set up (brushy mountian garden hive) it has all sc foundation and i just got 20lbs of honey from it, and hopefully some more before the flow is over. I got into beekeeping from the local club beeschool (Pawtuckaway beekeepers) which was an awesome way to learn lots and have loads of people I can call for advice. Next year hope to increase to at least 3 hives and plan to spend the winter making all the hive parts except the frames. I also plan to build an observation hive and try some nucs later next year.  Hope everyone is have fun  John

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 06:03:26 pm »
Sounds like you're off to a good start.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline nhbloke

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 07:22:24 pm »
credit  where credits due, it was from your advice on bee source for using sc and that 8 frames can work not many in the club use them , thanks Micheal

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 09:20:53 pm »
8 frame mediums is the only way to go along with SBB and proper ventilation.  Welcome.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline GerryL

• New Bee
Re: Hi from Sunny NH at least till jack frost pays a visit
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2007, 09:29:09 pm »
I'm sure jack frost has been there. Gerry from Windham, ME. I used to live in Derry from 1985-1995. My first year to beekeeping. Sounds like you got a good start.

Good luck
Gerry
Gerry L

anything