Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Permits------  (Read 5918 times)

Offline WOB419

• House Bee
Re: Permits------
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2009, 11:27:08 pm »
"Think of it as club dues."

It is only club dues if I voluntarily join the club.  I have no desire to join the states "club"

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2009, 11:39:29 pm »
ditto.  don't want some state guy pawing through my hives!  :-)
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2009, 07:12:21 am »
ditto.  don't want some state guy pawing through my hives!  :-)

I always wondered if the "state guy" did not spread disease from hive to hive, he is in a bunch of different apearies, and probably does not sanitize his equipment between visits. We had foul brood running through hives here about 25 years ago and I always wondered that.

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2009, 01:39:21 pm »
Nothing here as far as I know.

Offline WOB419

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2009, 03:18:11 pm »
Kathyp,

With your Patrick Henry quote, I knew that I would like you, and you just confirmed it.

Offline troutstalker2

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2009, 06:12:01 pm »
 North Carolina only if you sell bees is it required, but any apiary can be. The advantage of having it registered is that by state law you can keep  people from spraying insecticides from a plane (crop dusting)with within a couple miles of the apiary. You are also required, if registered, to allow inspectors on your property at any time. Now this is out of a attorney's mouth, so take it for what its worth. We had a lawyer speak at our bee meeting a couple of months ago. He was actually really very informative and I appreciate him doing it.
    David

Offline Bobb

• House Bee
    • Honey Hive Farms
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2009, 12:48:59 am »
Too much government....way Way WAY too much government.  I'm sure that their is not end to all of the good reasons why someone with a hive has to tell the state that they have it and where it is but...Way too much government.
Can't really think of any good reasons for government at all.
Way Way too much of it.
"Power, especially overgrown power, whets the ambition and sets all the wits to work to enlarge it. Therefore, encroachments on peoples liberties are not generally made all at once, but so gradually as hardly to be perceived by the less watchful; and all plastered over, it may be, with such plausible pretenses, that before they are aware of the snare, they are taken and can not disentangle themselves."

Samuel Webster
Massachusetts 1777

anything