Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: I'm supposed to go to Summerland  (Read 2159 times)

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
I'm supposed to go to Summerland
« on: December 17, 2012, 06:25:37 pm »
A Pagan dies and, to his great surprise, he finds himself standing before some pearly gates.  :angel: St. Peter asks him, "May I help you?"

The Pagan asks, "Where am I?"

:angel: Peter says, "You're at the gates of heaven."

The Pagan says, "But I don't believe in heaven."

:angel: Peter frowns at him. "You're one of those Pagans, aren't you?"

"Yes. I believe I'm in the wrong place; I'm supposed to go to Summerland."

:angel: Peter says, "Sorry. We took over Summerland, and it's temporarily closed for remodeling."

"What should I do now?"

:angel: Peter says, "Well, since we don't allow Pagans in heaven, you have to go to hell. Sorry. Just follow that path that leads downward and to the left."

The Pagan walks down to hell, where the gates are standing open. He walks in and finds beautiful meadows, happy animals, and clear streams of water.

He walks on in and begins exploring, and after a few minutes a courtly gentleman walks up to him and bows politely.  :evil: "Hello, I'm Satan. You must be the guy that St. Peter phoned me about. Are you a Pagan?"

"Yes, I am. What's going to happen now?"

:evil: Satan says, "Well, the fishing's pretty good, if you enjoy that sort of thing. There's a little refreshment stand down the road. And I believe the Pagan meeting grounds are right over the next hill."

Suddenly, a hole opens up in the sky above, and a yawning chasm opens directly underneath it. The stench of sulphur fills the air. Hundreds of screaming, tortured souls drop down into the flaming pit, which immediately closes up with a thud.

The Pagan, hardly believing what he just saw, asks Satan, "And what was THAT ???"

:evil: Satan rolls his eyes. "Oh, just ignore them. They're Christians; they wouldn't have it any other way."

mvh edward  :-P

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Go to heaven or to hell or. .. ... ....
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 06:29:45 pm »
And you find humor in that? OK, if that's the way you see it. I didn't laugh, tho.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
Re: I'm supposed to go to Summerland
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 06:42:18 pm »
Do good

Bee good

Think good

Good things will find you  :brian:

mvh edward  :-P

Offline Burl

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 12:23:43 pm »
  Christaphobia
Of all the things I've ever been called ;
I do like "Dad" the most .   ---Burl---

Offline edward

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2012, 01:40:32 pm »
Does this mean the pagans can take it with them ?  :-D

There once was an old man who was about to die.

He told his wife to put a bag of money in the attic

"When I die I'll get it on my way up." chuckled the old man.

Well when the old man died the wife went up to the attic and found that the bag of money was still there.

"I knew I should have put that money in the cellar!" said the old woman.

mvh edward  :-P