Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Goose eggs!!!  (Read 3884 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Goose eggs!!!
« on: February 26, 2007, 12:38:59 am »
Wow, ever seen a goose egg?  I never have until today. My sister checked the goose house today and found 6 eggs.  That means that they are gonna give us a meal in one.  LOL.

She said the eggs weren't there the day before yesterday, so that means that 3 must be laying.  I was very impressed with the size of this egg.  I will be getting a picture this weekend and I will post it.  I can't wait to eat one!!!  Best of days.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Re: Goose eggs!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 12:02:56 am »
Remember Veruca Salt   :)

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 12:38:28 am »
Brendhan, no clue what you are talking about.  Best of the day.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 08:48:32 am »
Brendhan, no clue what you are talking about.  Best of the day.  Cindi
Movie reference. Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
Veruca Salt was the spoiled little girl who wanted to buy the geese that laid golden chocolate eggs. She stood on the egg detector and was determined to be a bad egg and went into the garbage.

Your goose eggs and your excitment level over them is what made that flash in my brain. If you have seen the movie, the scene is quite funny. If you haven't seen it you will have no clue what I mean.

Congradulations on your goose eggs. When do we make omelets?

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 09:10:44 am »
Brendhan, right oh!!  I did see that show, it was great, but I don't recall the scene with the girl.  Sometimes I just don't pay enough attention to movies.  I find it hard to actually sit and watch a movie right through, got too many other things I would rather be doing.  TV is not my bag, unless it is 24, House, an excellent mystery movie, or a really scary one.  I can't wait to see Hannibal Rising.  Love that eechy stuff.  BUT, I sit and watch a movie just to spend time with my husband and also just to make other's happy, like watching a movie with my grandsons, in particular.  I would rather be doing other stuff.

I can't wait to line up all the goose eggs that may still be in my sister's fridge, (Unless they made omlettes).  I am going to take a creative picture of them and see what I can come up with.  My oldest neice is extremely good with artistic ideas and maybe her and I can come up with something cool and wonderful.  LOL.  We'll see.  Have the best of the best day.  Cindi

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 05:48:45 pm »
do goose eggs taste any different than a hens egg?
MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson

Offline Mici

• Super Bee
  • tougher than rock
    • http://www.carantha.net/carantha_table_of_contents.htm
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 06:17:43 pm »
do goose eggs taste any different than a hens egg?

to me not, it's only that..instead of frying 2,3 or 4 eggs you only have to fry one :-D SCORE

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 06:58:33 pm »
I think all species eggs taste SLIGHTLY different from one another, but close enough.  I've had duck, chicken, goose and pheasant eggs.  They all taste great.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 10:05:07 am »
Yum, yum!!!!  All have the best and wonderful day.  Cindi