Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 100 queens w/ attendents  (Read 1872 times)

Offline danno

• Super Bee
100 queens w/ attendents
« on: May 07, 2012, 03:52:47 pm »
I'm sitting in my quite office with a full battery box on my desk.  It is soooooo loud.  Piping queens and every few minutes the buzz become a dull roar. They have water and I misted the opened box with lite syrup before sealing it up for shipping.  I also added a couple of pc of candy board and they sound like termites chewing wood.  They will be on there way to CA in a couple of hours.

Offline LoriMNnice

• House Bee
Re: 100 queens w/ attendents
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 04:05:13 pm »
Were these the ones that got lost in the mail? You have to send them back because you got the replacements?
Lori

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 04:14:17 pm »
Yes these are the lost queens.  Wish I could have found homes for them.  They have had a rough week and its not over yet

Offline skflyfish

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 04:43:04 pm »
I let Jim Hilton know about the queen bee situation and gave him your number. He was mulling it over yesterday. I think the rub was he just got 50 queens a few days before. He is making splits now, but also removing hives from orchards and maybe thought he couldn't get that many splits made right now.

I tried.

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 08:54:13 am »
they should be back in CA this morning

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 09:58:46 am »
Don't know if I would want to be the folks that get those queens after all of that. They should have just let you guys keep them. Wouldn't they get their money back from UPS anyway?

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 10:16:06 am »
Don't know if I would want to be the folks that get those queens after all of that. They should have just let you guys keep them. Wouldn't they get their money back from UPS anyway?
I agree.  They told me originally that we could keep them if and when they arrived.  At first we were excited to have a extra 100 free but thats alot of splits that we did plan on making.   

anything