Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: An oldie, but a goodie  (Read 2177 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
An oldie, but a goodie
« on: July 30, 2012, 05:47:04 pm »

"LOST CHURCHES OF LOUISIANA"

When devastating hurricanes struck the Gulf Coast , even houses of worship were not spared.

A local television station interviewed a woman from New Orleans and asked how the loss of churches in the area had affected their lives.

Without hesitation, the woman replied, "I don't know 'bout all those other people, but we ain't gone to Churches in years. We gets our chicken from Popeye's."

The look on the interviewer's face was priceless.

They live among us, AND THEY VOTE.

Now do you understand how we got our president?

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: An oldie, but a goodie
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 08:36:34 pm »
I would like to see that video.   

Offline Keskin

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 02:37:45 am »
One world, one god, a lot of beliefs to explain how and why god create us and billions of dummies.
There is not geographical, social, religious, political or state borders for dummies.
They manage us, everywhere in the world...

How many times I’ve wonder
and it still comes out the same.
                                              Conway Twitty

No matter how you look at it or think of it
You see it’s life and we just got to play the game.
                                              Sam Moore

For curious people: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAA_LUCb0QE&feature=related

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 05:18:24 pm »
Back when I lived in south LA you wouldn't be caught dead in a Popeye's...Churches ruled.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907