Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Found your site  (Read 4492 times)

Offline manybees

• New Bee
Found your site
« on: March 05, 2005, 01:06:32 pm »
I found your site last night while searching for something else. Bet that has never happened to anyone before!  Have been a commercial beekeeper since 1980. Actually am fourth generation.  Great-grandfather started the biz.  Look forward to sharing ideas.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Found your site
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 04:17:50 pm »
Wellcome manybees. Many of us are hobby bee keepers but I myself want to grow are soon to be 2 hives into 1000-2000 some day. I am looking forward to all of your information that you can give us. Bye  :D
Ryan Horn

Offline buzz

• House Bee
    • My home page... nothing much
Found your site
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2005, 04:58:34 pm »
Welcome!!! It's good to have another beekeeper in Idaho. I'm in the Coeur d' Alene area myself.
Scott
----------
"If you have no money and you have few possessions, if you have a dog you are still rich"
----------
"Forgiveness is easier to get than permission"

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Found your site
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2005, 06:08:00 pm »
Hi Manybees :)

Always glad to have a commercial Beekeeper aboard the forum - especially with generations of experience.

Glad you found the forums, and we all know how you often search for something and end up never getting to it because you found all kinds of neat stuff on the way. It's funny, many times I totally forgot what the original search was for :)

Thanks for joining - I'm really proud of the group that has made their way here to the forums - we enjoy our beekeeping from many point of view - from the mearly interested to the seasoned beekeep.

The forums are without a doubt my most enjoyed time on the Internet - knowing all these fine people and meeting more everyday is a very good thing!

Thanks again and welcome aboard :)
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline BigRog

• House Bee
Found your site
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2005, 10:26:09 pm »
Always nice to say hello to a new friend
"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"

Offline kibee

• Brood
    • http://kigateway.kin.net.au/hogbay/hogbay1.htm
Found your site
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 08:01:35 am »
Hello from Kangaroo Island, South Australia.
We are accidental beekeepers.  We moved to Kangaroo Island in 1985 for a quieter lifestyle and I decided to keep 2 hives for a hobby.  We are now certified organic honey producers and our honey is sold across Australia and exported.  Currently we have 250 hives with further expansion planned to meet demand.  However I do try to reserve time to maintain organic vegetable garden (based on 4 year planting cycle).  I have 6 Welsh Harlequin ducks as snail foragers and weed processors (they also join me when turning over garden beds as they are avid worm consumers).  We have wallabies roaming the streets and possums clambering across our roof nightly to collect apples and pears from the orchard.  Our apiary sites are spread across the Island on farms (farmers approve of beekeepers because of the value of pollination to shelter belt vegetation and crops).  We would not swap our lifestyle now, in spite of the occasional "bad bee day".

Offline burny

• New Bee
howdy
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2005, 10:41:34 pm »
howdy folks and welcome!....how many people tend that many hives ?
                 God bless.......burny

Offline crw13755

• House Bee
Found your site
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2005, 10:56:54 pm »
hi to ya and to u 2 bunny