Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Newbie from Central Texas  (Read 2586 times)

Offline txbeegal

• New Bee
Newbie from Central Texas
« on: March 26, 2013, 12:49:51 pm »
Howdy ya'll,
I am new to beekeeping.  I have had 5 hives since last April and have enjoyed every minute of it.  I have learned new things every day and am eager to learn more.  I am an avid organic gardener and vermicomposter.  I love anything that has to do with outside.  I live on a small town in Central Texas and have horses, chickens, rabbits, dogs and worm farm.  The main reason I started keeping bees is for the pollination.  Second is of course the interaction with them and thirdly, is the amazing honey.  I have been doing Apitherapy for 2 months now for a newly diagnosed bone spur and arthritis in my left hip.  I am 47 years old and I feel I am too young to be down and taking drugs on a daily basis.  It has helped tremendously and I only do it when I start having pain.  I am eager to learn more and talk to other beekeepers and hear how they manage their bees.  Of course they aren't "ours", they are just ours to keep.  They are amazing.  Hope to talk to you soon.  Have a great day and thanks for allowing me to be here.
Life is too short not to be a beekeeper:)

Moots

Re: Newbie from Central Texas
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 12:56:21 pm »
Howdy ya'll,
I am new to beekeeping.  I have had 5 hives since last April and have enjoyed every minute of it.  I have learned new things every day and am eager to learn more.  I am an avid organic gardener and vermicomposter.  I love anything that has to do with outside.  I live on a small town in Central Texas and have horses, chickens, rabbits, dogs and worm farm.  The main reason I started keeping bees is for the pollination.  Second is of course the interaction with them and thirdly, is the amazing honey.  I have been doing Apitherapy for 2 months now for a newly diagnosed bone spur and arthritis in my left hip.  I am 47 years old and I feel I am too young to be down and taking drugs on a daily basis.  It has helped tremendously and I only do it when I start having pain.  I am eager to learn more and talk to other beekeepers and hear how they manage their bees.  Of course they aren't "ours", they are just ours to keep.  They are amazing.  Hope to talk to you soon.  Have a great day and thanks for allowing me to be here.

txbeegal,
Welcome to the forum....I'm a newbie also and this site has been invaluable resource, lots of good folks willing to share their knowledge.  If you'd take a second to update your location information in your profile, it'll probably come in handy for quick reference if people are sharing advice that may be specific to your region. 

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 03:25:31 pm »
Welcome to the forum, TXBeeGal.  There are lot of threads and vdeos here that can help.  If you have a question, just post it, someone will usually answer.  Good luck to you and your bees.

Joe

Offline Georgia Boy

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 10:12:00 pm »
Welcome txbeegal,

This place is amazing! I am just getting started myself. Hope to have bees the end of the week. Totally exciting everything about bee keeping.

This site will help more than anything. Everyone wants us to succeed. Its great.

David
"Give it All You've Got"
"Never give up. Never surrender."

Offline txbeegal

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 06:45:13 pm »
Thank you all so very much for the warm welcome.  I am happy to be here.  For some reason for the last couple of days, it wasn't letting me get here.  I was panicking, LOL. 

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 07:03:42 pm »
Welcome to the forum, Tex.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline vmmartin

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 10:55:15 pm »
Welcome neighbor

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 09:53:44 am »
Welcome to the forum beegal.

Offline rbinhood

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 09:41:17 am »
Welcome to the forum, great place packed with information you can use everyday.
Only God can make these two things.....Blood and Honey!

Offline txbeegal

• New Bee
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 11:24:07 am »
Thank ya'll so much:)

Offline NotactJack

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 08:32:13 am »
Welcome! I just actually started a raised garden bed this year. (Just added 1 lb of red wigglers to it.) At my grandparents place we always had a 1/4 of something growing (okra, beans, cukes, squash) Where did you get your bees from?
facebook.com/laredobees

"A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way." -Mark Twain