Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Pollination  (Read 1478 times)

Offline danno

• Super Bee
Pollination
« on: May 09, 2013, 02:43:26 pm »
Just got a call from a local fruit farmer that desperatly needs bee's.   I am delivering 24 colonies tomorrow night at 50.00 ea.    Wish I had more to rent but I have 25 queens coming middle of the week next week and have to do splits.      For 2 years now I have been switching over to 4 way pallet.    New they would someday come in handy

Offline Nature Coast Beek

• House Bee
  • Suck it up, buttercup!
    • Both Feet In
Re: Pollination
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 06:29:16 pm »
What's the crop?

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 09:44:46 pm »
sour cherries then apples

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 10:09:37 pm »
Good going Danno.  Could work into a yearly thing.

Joe

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2013, 09:19:59 am »
What method to place them?

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2013, 10:00:06 am »
What method to place them?
a friends hummer bee

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2013, 10:32:09 am »
Man, you gotta love a hummerbee. We used a swinger when I was working with Bruce (REDBEE) and it really made a big difference! I'm still at the bob cat stage.

$50....sounds like the pollination rate around here. Hope the contract grows for you danno.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

anything