Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Goat smell off of your hand  (Read 4661 times)

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Goat smell off of your hand
« on: August 16, 2013, 10:05:18 pm »
A lot of folks complain about how bad a goat stinks so I wanted to point out a couple of things.

A goat is much like a deer in some ways. Around here their (goats) rut season starts in August and usually ends in Dec or when all the nannies are pregnant. What Billy's do is urinate on their face mainly and then there's the secondary spray areas. This creates a gosh awful stench. The billies will then rub their urine soaked stinky head on the nannies. The stench is transfer to the nannies who in turn smell it. The smell of this stench stimulates their reproductive part causing them to go into heat.

To get the smell off of your hands simply take some toothpaste (I use ultra bright) with a little water. Apply it like you would if you wanted a heavy salve on your hands. Let your hands set for a minute or two then rinse off. Most likely it won't be necessary but you may have to repeat it twice. I'm telling you it's a miracle.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Goat smell off of your hand
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 10:21:52 pm »
or, as an alternative....stay away from goats!!

there are few animals that i like less.   :-\
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 10:44:12 pm »
OMG! a goat hater :shock:        :lau:
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Online Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2013, 12:37:21 am »
i don't hate them, but i don't like them.  i had a friend with goats and every time i pulled into her yard the goat would run up the hood of my car and over the top.  then i had a neighbor with goats and that thing was mean as heck.  they are good for clearing brush and i don't mind the milk and cheese, but that's about as much goat as i want.... although, i had thought about getting a milk goat at one time.....
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2013, 03:20:51 am »
Thanks for the tip GSF.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2013, 07:48:17 am »
Goats need a good fence, food, shelter, and other goats. My goat don't waste time looking for a way out. I range from 13 (base herd) to thirty something. They have at least 14 acres of pastures and woodland.

Goats are kind of like bees. If there's a problem, time to change something. I have seen other folks goats get out and make a bee line straight for the hood of a car.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 01:48:46 am »
It has been said that if a fence won't hold water, it won't hold a goat.
My fences are six foot high with welded wire over 3 cross rails.  The trick is to put the wire on the same side as the goats or they will use the rails to climb out. 

Did you know that a goats hoof is built like a suction cup?  Helps them climb darn near anything.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!