Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: North beach bees  (Read 3556 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
North beach bees
« on: October 21, 2011, 12:17:12 am »
I gotta tell ya, this one was just down-right fun! The owner and her kids were very inquisitive as were the neighbor kid and G-ma and Daddy. I wish there was enough room to fit in all of the comments!

North beach bees.wmv

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
Re: North beach bees
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 12:50:05 am »
man you on a roll.i like those external colonies.great job.its always fun when you have audience....       schawee
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 09:31:41 pm »
I love it during the videos when the public want to get educated about the bees.  Love the video.

Offline TwoHoneys

• House Bee
    • TwoHoneys
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 08:04:02 am »
What?! Bears don't eat the honey?! I didn't know that. Thanks, Scott.

Liz
"In a dream I returned to the river of bees" W.S. Merwin

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 08:38:42 pm »
I received an email from the owner today. What a sweetheart! She's a local educator and has put together a slide show of the removal and sent the link to other teachers in the area. She's also called and is hoping to set me up as a speaker at the local screening of "Queen of the Sun" in New Smyrna Beach in the spring.

Here's the link to her slideshow

http://gallery.me.com/valehlevy#100407&view=grid&bgcolor=black&sel=133

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 09:14:38 pm »
That did look like a lot of fun Scott. Great video and loved the slide show!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline schawee

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2011, 11:09:13 pm »
great slide show.
BEEKEEPER OF THE SWAMP

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 08:35:53 pm »
Now the owner has gone above and beyond! In the mail today we received a hard bound coffee table type book filled with the pics she took of the removal! I'm tellin' ya, she's about the sweetest gal on the planet huh?

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2011, 08:47:47 pm »
Now the owner has gone above and beyond! In the mail today we received a hard bound coffee table type book filled with the pics she took of the removal! I'm tellin' ya, she's about the sweetest gal on the planet huh?

Scott

Wow!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline ShaneJ

• Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2011, 09:33:01 pm »
What more could you ask for.. An easy job and lots of fun. Nice one.

Hey Scott, how many times a day do you shave? I can shave my head 3 times a day an still have to brush the hair out of my eyes.
Shane

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2011, 11:23:30 pm »
Shane, the key is to let most of it fall out all on it's own.  :-D

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline ShaneJ

• Field Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2011, 12:53:17 am »
Oh right. Thanks, I'll give that a go.  :)
Shane

Offline Tommyt

• Field Bee
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2011, 07:52:40 am »
That was a great family clip and another learning tool
The slide show was the Icing on the cake
The book is over the top
Nice one, Thanks

Tommyt
"Not everything found on the internet is accurate"
Abraham Lincoln

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2011, 01:03:16 pm »
Very nice video. I appreciate the lesson. Enjoyed the slide show.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin