Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 3838 times)

Offline HoneyMaple

• New Bee
Hello
« on: August 23, 2008, 09:17:08 pm »
Hello all. New to Bees this year. My wife and I have been looking into getting into this for several years, as an addition to the Maple Syrup, Just never got going at it. This spring we decided to get a few hives, get them ready and install a few packages in the spring of 2009. Well.... long story short... we now have 2 hives. One started as a package and one from a 5 frame Nuc. The package is now up to 2 (10 frame) deeps, one capped medium super and is filling the 2nd medium super. The Nuc, I decided to put into 8 frame mediums. They now have 3 mediums for a brood chamber and I'm probably adding a fourth within the next few days.

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 09:43:32 pm »
Welcome to the world of bees!  You will find invaluable information on this forum.  We get to draw on the knowledge of all those gone before us in our adventure hopefully avoiding some of the pitfalls of new-bees! Sounds like your girls are going gangbusters.  Ask any questions, someone will know the ansewers, probably many someones!  Again Welcome! Jody
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 11:32:11 pm »
Hello all. New to Bees this year. My wife and I have been looking into getting into this for several years, as an addition to the Maple Syrup, Just never got going at it. This spring we decided to get a few hives, get them ready and install a few packages in the spring of 2009. Well.... long story short... we now have 2 hives. One started as a package and one from a 5 frame Nuc. The package is now up to 2 (10 frame) deeps, one capped medium super and is filling the 2nd medium super. The Nuc, I decided to put into 8 frame mediums. They now have 3 mediums for a brood chamber and I'm probably adding a fourth within the next few days.

I heard maple syrup is a complicated thing to do. Perhaps one day you can share the process with us beekeepers here. Meanwhile, welcome to the most wonderful forum in the world. Good luck with your new hobby.

Annette

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 12:55:51 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster!!!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2008, 10:48:52 am »
HoneyMaple, welcome to our forum, your name depicts something so sweet and yummy.  So nice that you decided to keep bees, such an interesting world to delve into.  This is a place where you can lean on us for answers to your questions, and you will still have many to ask, all questions get answers, this you will see.  As Annette, said, it would be nice to hear of the process of maple syrup extraction one day, when you have that time, I bet it would be an interesting read.  Have the most beautiful and wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 07:22:12 am »
Welcome to this forum!  I wonder, does there exist any maple syrup forums where you can discuss your other hobby or business? :-)

Offline HoneyMaple

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 06:29:18 pm »
Thanks to all for the welcome.

"I wonder, does there exist any maple syrup forums where you can discuss your other hobby or business?"

There sure is. I'd be willing to bet that you could find a forum for just about anything if you looked hard enough.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 10:58:38 am »
Thanks to all for the welcome.

"I wonder, does there exist any maple syrup forums where you can discuss your other hobby or business?"

There sure is. I'd be willing to bet that you could find a forum for just about anything if you looked hard enough.

"There sure is..." Well?

Let us know, think I'll stop in and chat at my other favorite site, doodlebug.com!

...JP :-D
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline HoneyMaple

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 09:47:51 pm »
JP,
I'd be glad to let you know. When I can post links. Would not want to break the rules.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 11:07:52 pm »
JP,
I'd be glad to let you know. When I can post links. Would not want to break the rules.

Oops, my bad, yeah, let us know, when you pass quarentine.

...JP

Offline mtman1849

• Assistant Social Director
  • House Bee
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 10:32:22 pm »
Welcome to the forum