Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Tree Stump Removal  (Read 3995 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Tree Stump Removal
« on: April 17, 2011, 11:55:48 pm »
Did a training session cut out today on a stump I brought in last fall. Everything went smoothly and all had a blast.

http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j226/Iddee/Tree%20stump%20removal%202011/
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline montauk170

• House Bee
Re: Tree Stump Removal
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 03:35:38 am »
Looks like a very successful cutout and training session. Also caught the queen.

Did you chainsaw both sides first, then split the trunk?

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 08:36:18 am »
We only cut half way across the top about 2 inches deep. Just enough to get a wedge started easily. The rest was done with wedge and sledge hammer.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline montauk170

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 04:27:28 pm »
I guess if you chainsawed down, it could have done more damage than splitting huh?
When yo split like that, does it collapse the combs? (I guess if the combs are old it wouldn't even do anything to it as it's well attached to the hollow.)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 07:07:14 pm »
We got lucky with this one. The combs stayed intact. I don't like sawdust in the combs, so I try to always split.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 07:15:54 pm »
When you split, do you try to split (if possible) parallel or perpendicular to the comb?   

Offline Tommyt

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 07:40:06 am »
I can't say enough about what can be learned from all the
 Videos and Photos you folks take the time to do
for all too Learn

Thanks
Tommyt
"Not everything found on the internet is accurate"
Abraham Lincoln

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2011, 11:28:25 am »
When I split, I try to follow the grain of the wood, regardless of how the comb runs. An easy, non-jerking or banging split is more important then where the comb is attached.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 11:01:37 pm »
Wally, I love how you are so giving of your time in teaching others...that's what it's all about my friend!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2011, 11:53:18 pm »
Now look in the mirror and repeat those words, Scott. You not only spend a lot of time on the forums helping others, but I happen to know you take them into the beeyard and do the same. That's what it's all about, pardner. Let's see how many we can get going and get to stay with it.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2011, 01:15:32 am »
It's all about the bees Brother :)

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 12:08:28 am »
Double rainbow moment between Scott and Iddee.  :-D

Great job Iddee!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 12:27:40 am »
Have you ever seen the rainbow bumper stickers? It's my understanding that the need to bee up-side-down (like a bowl shape) so that the "love" won't spill out :)

Scott

(not that there's anything wrong with that)

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 12:49:08 am »
i'm not sure you want to talk about rainbow stickers and iddee in the same breath  :evil:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2011, 08:15:22 am »
 :'(   :'(   :'(   :'(  She don't love me no mo'.

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2011, 10:59:26 pm »
I don't have a clue what y'all are talking about, this is what I was thinking: Yosemitebear Mountain Giant Double Rainbow 1-8-10

...JP  :-D  :rainbowflower:
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2011, 11:38:52 pm »
JP. that might just be the best video you've ever shot! I think I would've toned down the crying a little during editing though.....I'm just sayin'..... :-D

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 01:26:16 am »
But Scott it was a double rainbow complete, almost a triple rainbow.

...JP