Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: swarming questions  (Read 1792 times)

Offline Tulenko

• Brood
swarming questions
« on: May 05, 2006, 09:17:36 pm »
Hi. I found your site looking for answers about a clump of bees that suddenly appeared on the hay rack of my goat pen this evening. I read through your site and now understand that they are swarming. I moved my goats for now, but how long will this clump of bees stay? I don't want to hurt them. I appreciate how beneficial they are. But I am allergic to bee stings and I really wish they'd find a new home quickly. Is there any way I can make them move on? I've never seen this before. As I said, I'm not a bee person, just a farm owner who found a swarm. They are very close to my horse barn and I don't want them moving in there either. Thanks to your site at least I know what they are doing there. Please, some information ASAP would be great. I'm in central Kentucky, and if any one on this forum is close they can come collect them. Thanks!

Offline TREBOR

• House Bee
    • The Cynical Bastards
swarming questions
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006, 10:18:26 pm »
call the local bug killers and ask if they know of any beekeepers in the area and ask for there number......some times the swarm will land then
 decide to move on, they my bee gone by midday tomorrow......  :)
or you could talk to your doctor, I think there is a series of shoots you can get ........then you could keep them and get some rent (honey)..

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
swarming questions
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2006, 07:25:31 pm »
Most often they arrive about 10:00 am and leave by about 2:00 pm.  But you never know.  They may stay a couple of days or they may start drawing comb on the limb.  Most likely they will be gone in a couple of days.  But if you call the county extention agent, or the fire depearmtent they may be able to refer a beekeeper to you.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything