Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Delray Window aka the saddest cut out ever  (Read 3394 times)

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Delray Window aka the saddest cut out ever
« on: April 23, 2008, 08:56:52 pm »
This was a hive  living under a window on a house in Delray.
This hive was probably one of the saddest I have ever seen.

The hive was queenless, with no brood. The comb was old and the hive was starting to get taken over by SHB.

I removed all the comb and placed it in the bucket. I took the bees an put them in a different bucket. I used them to combine with another hive.

It was just depressing to do.

http://www.brendhanhorne.com/coppermine_dir/thumbnails.php?album=144

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Delray Window aka the saddest cut out ever
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 09:01:09 pm »
your pictures set off my virus protection.  probably nothing to worry about, but thought you'd like to know for your end.

Discovered: January 3, 2007
Updated: February 13, 2007 1:03:05 PM
Type: Trojan Horse, Worm, Virus
Systems Affected: Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP

Bloodhound.Exploit.109 is a heuristic detection for Apple QuickTime RTSP URI Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability (as described in BID 21829).
ProtectionInitial Rapid Release version January 3, 2007
Latest Rapid Release version November 11, 2007 revision 035
Initial Daily Certified version October 31, 2007 revision 003
Latest Daily Certified version January 25, 2008 revision 004
Initial Weekly Certified release date January 10, 2007
Click here for a more detailed description of Rapid Release and Daily Certified virus definitions.

Threat AssessmentWildWild Level: Low
Number of Infections: 0 - 49
Number of Sites: 0 - 2
Geographical Distribution: Low
Threat Containment: Easy
Removal: Easy
DamageDamage Level: Low
DistributionDistribution Level: Low

Writeup By: Costin Ionescu

----------\

Discovered: January 3, 2007
Updated: February 13, 2007 1:03:05 PM
Type: Trojan Horse, Worm, Virus
Systems Affected: Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Me, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP

Bloodhound.Exploit.109 is a heuristic detection for Apple QuickTime RTSP URI Remote Buffer Overflow Vulnerability. An attacker who exploits this vulnerability could perform a denial-of-service attack against a vulnerable version of QuickTime, or potentially execute arbitrary code with the privileges of the logged-on user. The exploit is triggered by opening a specially-crafted QTL file.

Applies to: Apple QuickTime Player 7.1.3

Files that are detected as Bloodhound.Exploit.109 may be malicious. We suggest that you submit to Symantec Security Response any files that are detected as Bloodhound.Exploit.109. For instructions on how to do this using Scan and Deliver, read How to submit a file to Symantec Security Response using Scan and Deliver.

Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 10:14:17 pm »
Checking into it now.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 11:55:21 pm »
Brendhan, I have done a few like that as well, it is depressing when you find hopelessness amongst bees as they are generally very happy little critters.

Shbs are just plain disgusting and amazing little beetles at the same time. I find them in every hive I believe I have ever removed and even have seen them in swarm clusters after I had dropped them in my hightech boxes.

If my memory serves me right and I am 1/2 senile, I think, shbs can sense a honeybee colony from over 5 miles away.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Angi_H

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 01:43:50 am »
You have a Delray as well. We have one here in Ca also not to far from here.

Angi

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 09:48:48 am »
Attention!

kathyp was correct. There was an exploit made on my server. The exploit was made through a vulnerability in the coppermine gallery software. That has since been remedied.  The server was not compromised. Just the coppermine software.

It was done by placing a fake picture file in the coppermine code and then hiding it in an iframe html code. The exploit was called 45563131x.jpg. Which was never a picture but a script. The script was placed about 12 hours before kathyp pointed it out.

It has been completely removed from the site. If you continue to have issues please let me know.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Offline Angi_H

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 01:33:57 am »
Hmmm I never had an issue but them again hubby dont have virus software on this old laptop and I still need to fix mine.

Angi

anything