Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: My conversation with a bee.  (Read 2810 times)

Offline JoshK

• New Bee
My conversation with a bee.
« on: August 15, 2005, 01:13:52 pm »
One day, I decided to have a heart-to-heart conversation with a bee.  I went out to the apiary, where the hives were simply buzzing with activity.  Numerous bees were flying all around, in too much of a hurry to stop and chat.

On some nearby white clover I spotted a few workers.  I came up with an idea – putting a drop of honey on the tip of my finger and lifting a bee off a flower might make the bee stop moving long enough to have a decent conversation.  It worked!

“Good morning, miss,” I said as I lifted the bee up to a comfortable eye level.  â€œMind if I ask you a few questions?”

“eeee-input(altitudech) optiondetect,” the bee said.

“Cool,” I said.  First of all, is it really true that bees love to work as much as they do?”

“substancedetect(variable=honey) analyze,” the bee said as it noticed the honey.  â€œoptionanalyze run…

color=37
water%=16
fornobj=0
source=wsclov

analyzeend.  Optionprobs run…
”

“Wow!” I exclaimed.  â€œIt’s so interesting to me that bees have this amazing work ethic.  So tell me something else – is the queen really like an actual governor, or is she just basically another worker with a different ability set?”

“sysstatus run…working…working…systatuscomp

health=5, threatdet=0, Qpresnt=0, mode=forage
,” she explained.

“You’ve got a point,” I said, “I admit I hadn’t thought about it that way.”

“optionprobs subsnote: hnytank at capacity” the worker chided.  â€œProbsend.”

I noticed the worker had stopped eating the honey and looked as if she was about to leave.  â€œOne last question, please…”

“objset fltparameter.  Run.”

“Does it really bother you when we take so much honey, even if we make sure to leave enough for winter?  I mean, doesn’t that get old after a while?”

“fltparameter…

alt=330
sundeg=46
Hivedeg=178
winddir=72
windspd=5
fuelreq=36
fuelonbrd=188

conditionset flight
”

“I understand clearly.  Well it’s been very fascinating talking with you, Miss Bee” I said, somewhat sad that this remarkable conversation had to end.  â€œI’ll let you get back to work.  Don’t worry about the honey – this drink was on me.”

And with that, the bee flew away.

THE END.

manowar422

My conversation with a bee.
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2005, 05:21:09 pm »
To quote the character Terrance Mann in the movie
Field Of Dreams...

"Your seeing a whole team of psychiatrists, aren't you"

:wink: