Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: introducing a queen  (Read 1250 times)

Offline wildbeekeeper

• House Bee
introducing a queen
« on: July 21, 2009, 10:54:30 pm »
Hi all

somewhere on here I saw a cage that is used to introduce a queen into a colony... it wasnt your typical queen cage but it was as long as a frame  I believe.  Maybe it was Robo?  Anyway, there was pictures as well ... i tried a search but couldnt find it...doesnt anyone have a link that I can follow and figure out how it works and how to build one?  thanks!

Offline fermentedhiker

• Field Bee
Re: introducing a queen
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 10:58:18 pm »
The one your looking for is for introducing a queen into a colony that has gone queenless long enough to having laying workers established.  I don't know the exact link, but using "queen introduction" and "laying worker" in the search will get you there I'm sure.  And I'm pretty sure it was one Robo built that you're referring to as well.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
--Douglas Adams

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 11:04:50 pm »
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline wildbeekeeper

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 11:04:57 pm »
ok i found it... it was a "requeening frame"   now i just have to figure how to build one! :)  thanks!

anything