Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bees are alive and well and absolutely exploding in my area...  (Read 2580 times)

Offline Carriage House Farm

• House Bee
    • Carriage House Farm
Bees are alive and well and absolutely exploding in my area...
« on: September 28, 2008, 09:32:16 pm »
So, Hurricane Ike rolled through north of us about two weeks ago and the steep gradient gave us gusts in the 80 MPH at times and sustained winds over 50 for several hours.  Not what we are used to here.  Since that Sunday I have received 32 unique calls to remove bees from trees or houses that were revealed since the storm passed.

I was too busy cleaning the mess on our farm and managing with no power for a week and lines at the gas pumps to tackle most of them and when I finally got around to having time to do it, no one was willing to pay to have them removed.

A local news show reported that emergency rooms were swamped for days with chainsaw injuries, electrical/burn injuries, broken limbs, and....bee stings....no lie.

So, I am thinking for everyone that was taken out there are at least one or two that were not or even more.

Can't wait for smarm season next spring!   :-D

I figure I would share...Bees seem to be doing quite well here in the Cincinnati/Tri-State area.
Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm

Offline nkybeekeeper

• New Bee
    • My Website
Re: Bees are alive and well and absolutely exploding in my area...
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 09:43:04 pm »
I got three calls and a couple of e-mails as well.  I'm in Burlington, KY by the airport.  I had a great year this year.  Just enjoying this fine weather we're having.

Offline Carriage House Farm

• House Bee
    • Carriage House Farm
Re: Bees are alive and well and absolutely exploding in my area...
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 09:50:27 pm »
Howdy neighbor...I was sort of just down your way today.  Friends of mine live north of Zion Rd.
Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm